• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Help- Trainer Battle Doesn't End

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2022
    okay, so I'm making a hack of pokemon sapphire (which apparently is not the greatest idea but oh well) and there are two trainers that, when battled, the battle proceeds normally, until the defeat text. It just scrolls automatically, slowly, and pressing the A button (Z) does nothing. At the end of the defeat text, since pressing A doesn't do anything, you can't continue to the overworld and all that, so you're just stuck there in the battle screen with the victory song playing.

One trainer, the first one I had an issue with, is a 0x3 battle, in which a gym leader comes up to you, and you know, dukes it out. I don't have the uncompiled thing, unfortunately, because it's on another computer, which is super broken, and can't access the internet. it's what i started making the hack on, because as you can tell, I'm not the brightest.

'---------------
    #org 0x6F67F0
    checkflag 0x808
    if 0x0 goto 0x86F684B
    checkflag 0x8EA
    if 0x1 goto 0x86F684B
    msgbox 0x86F686C 0x6 '"YOU! OUTSIDER!"
    applymovement 0x2D 0x86F684E
    msgbox 0x86FAD0C 0x6 '"I've been looking for you.\p[playe..."
    trainerbattle 0x3 0xCF 0x0 0x86FAF32
    msgbox 0x86FB0BA 0x6 '"DICKHUNT: You shouldn't be this\ns..."
    applymovement 0xFF 0x86F685A
    waitmovement 0x0
    applymovement 0x2D 0x86F685F
    waitmovement 0x0
    hidesprite 0x2D
    setflag 0x8EA
    release
    end

'---------------
    #org 0x6F684B
    release
    end

'---------
    ' Strings
    '---------
    #org 0x6F686C
    = YOU! OUTSIDER!

#org 0x6FAD0C
    = I've been looking for you.\p[player]: Great.\pDICKHUNT: You know, an outsider\nshouldn't even be allowed to\lhave badges, but here you are.\pMy defeat at your hands got me\nthinking.\pI must become stronger. No words\ncan describe my shame.\pTo withdraw the cloak of shame\nthat now covers me, I must\ldefeat you, and to do that, I\lhave trained tirelessly.\pYou can keep your badge when I\ncrush you, don't worry,\pI'm not interested in destroying\nyour entire meaning for living.\pI just want to restore mine.\nI AM THE STRONGEST SERVANT OF GOD.\pFEAR MY MIGHT, INFIDEL!

#org 0x6FAF32
    = How!? HOW!?\pI TRAINED SO HARD FOR THIS!\nHOW COULD YOU!?\p[player]: Sorry?\pDICKHUNT: No, withhold your\napologies for when I deserve them.\pI am not the strongest yet. I\nmust train even harder to\lsurpass you.\pAs mad as it makes me.\pI hate you.\p[player]: Thanks.\pDICKHUNT: SHUT UP WITH YOUR THANKS\nI TOLD YOU WITHHOLD THEM!\p[player]: geez\pDICKHUNT: I just hate you.\nI will surpass you, and crush you.\pThat's all.

#org 0x6FB0BA
    = DICKHUNT: You shouldn't be this\nstrong anyway, you're an outsider.\p[player]: Well I just. I trained,\nI suppose. Went around, did stuff.\pDICKHUNT: Yeah, likewise.\pI trained since my boyhood to be\na gym leader, to be something.\pI had nothing once, you know?\pAnd now what little I have is\nbeing compromised by YOU.\p[player]: I'm sorry?\pDICKHUNT: SHUT UP! I TOLD YOU TO\nNOT SAY THAT!\p[player]: Sor-\pDICKHUNT: SorWHAT? WHAT WAS THAT?\p[player]: Sor. . .t of confused why\nthere're multiple gym leaders\lin the middle of nowhere.\pDICKHUNT: Nowhere? KANIBAR's gym\nis right North of us.\pAnd what do you mean multiple?\p[player]: I saw RECTOLOGY just a little\nbit ago. She-\pDICKHUNT: THAT WENCH?\p[player]: Uh.\pDICKHUNT: AFTER I'M DONE CRUSHING\nHER, I'LL CRUSH YOU.\pANTICIPATE THE MOMENT! WHICH WAY\nDID SHE GO?\p[player]: Uh-\pDICKHUNT: Fuck it, there's only\none way.\pHave a terrible day.\pNow GET OUT OF MY WAY.

'-----------
    ' Movements
    '-----------
    #org 0x6F684E
    #raw 0x8 'Step Down (Normal)
    #raw 0xA 'Step Left (Normal)
    #raw 0xA 'Step Left (Normal)
    #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x6F685A
    #raw 0xB 'Step Right (Normal)
    #raw 0x2 'Face Left

#org 0x6F685F

The second person is an 0x0 battle, just a guy guarding HM03. I don't have the uncompiled version of this script either, but that's just because I, in hubris, didn't save it, and every other trainer but that one guy had worked fine, and continues to work fine, with the exception of Guarditem dude #1.

'---------------
    #org 0x6FE254
    trainerbattle 0x0 0x7B 0x0 0x86FE26D 0x86FE870
    msgbox 0x86FE9D9 0x6 '"That item is yours to take now,\nu..."
    release
    end

'---------
    ' Strings
    '---------
    #org 0x6FE26D
    = We are the GUARDITEM brothers!\nFor generations, our family has\lguarded an item!\pIt was a really shitty item\nthough, so we've decided to make\lour ancestors proud and guard\la superior item!\pI will lay down my life to\nprotect this item! Have at thee!

#org 0x6FE870
    = Well, it's seppuku time,\nI suppose.\p[player]: Woah woah, hold on.\nNo Seppuku please.\pI already have one potential\ndeath on my hands, so.\pFROGSONG: What? You maybe killed\nsomeone? Why only maybe?\p[player]: It's a long story.\pFROGSONG: Well, you're evil, so\nmaybe it's less immoral if I\pfall to you?\p[player]: You know what, sure.\nDon't seppuku yourself, please.\pFROGSONG: Deal.

#org 0x6FE9D9
    = That item is yours to take now,\nunless you have already taken it,\lin which case it's just yours.\pThis is such a shame to me and\nmy brother. We must find another\lgood item to protect\lwith our lives.\pKnow any good items?\p[player]: Um. Not any that I'd want you\nto guard with your life?\pFROGSONG: Hmph. I should've\nexpected a response like that,\lsince you're evil.

Now, I thought maybe it was the [player] thing that made it freeze, but the player also says things in FROGSONG's brother's defeat text, and a whole bunch of others, but all those work fine. I thought maybe it was the length of the defeat text, but several others are like, the entire box thingy, and those all work fine. If anyone could politely (I know it's really obvious and I'm just stupid, I get it, I get it) tell me what I'm doing wrong, that would be greatly be appreciated.

Back