• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HELP: White version Battle Subway/Wi-Fi team

XaiXo

The ZombiePimp
Years
  • Hey everyone. Remade the thread due to irrelevance and poor execution.

I'm wondering if I could have a hand with sorting out my current Battle Subway/Wi-Fi team. It's serving me well, but I need to improve it.

Anyways, here we go (bear in mind that it isn't finished, in regards to items):

Spr_5b_373.png

Salamence

Adamant Nature

179 Attack
    101 Defence
    111 Sp. Attack
    90 Sp. Defence
    137 Speed

Fire Blast
    Earthquake
    Outrage
    Brick Break

Held item: Yache Berry (eventually going to be Life Orb or possibly Focus Sash)

Spr_5b_260.png

Swampert

Quiet Nature

165 HP
    141 Attack
    102 Defence
    118 Sp. Attack
    106 Sp. Defence
    81 Speed

Ice Beam
    Earthquake
    Muddy Water
    Surf

Held item: Pecha Berry

Spr_5b_376.png

Metagross

Quirky Nature

162 HP
    172 Attack
    144 Defence
    120 Sp. Attack
    111 Sp. Defence
    91 Speed

Zen Headbutt
    Ice Punch
    Meteor Mash
    Earthquake

Held item: Leftovers

Any advice or help would be appreciated. My main issue is running into Physical walls, so I had considered swapping out something for a Hydreigon, but then I'd be adding to an Ice weakness path I'd rather not go down.

Years
  • Salamence

Adamant Nature
    +Att/-SpAtt

Fire Blast / Fire Fang
    Earthquake
    Outrage
    Brick Break

Held item: Yache Berry (eventually going to be Life Orb or possibly Focus Sash)

Yache berry could be a little effective since you have a x4 weakness to Ice, but with a Fire-Type move, it's not all that much needed since you can wipe out pretty much any Ice-Type pokemon. Salamance has a pretty good SpAtt, but with an Adamant Nature, you COULD replace Fire Blast with Fire Fang and sacrifice damage for the chance to Flinch and Burn.

Swampert

Adamant
    +Att/-SpAtt

Ice Punch
    Earthquake
    Waterfall
    Stone Edge

Held item: Choice Band

A standard Smogon Choice Band set. Read the analysis if you need more info. You'll be locked into a move, but in the Battle Subway, switches aren't very common, so you can attack with whatever will do the most damage and switch out whenever you need to change attacks.

Metagross

Adamant
    +Att/-SpAtt

Zen Headbutt / ThunderPunch
    Ice Punch
    Meteor Mash
    Earthquake

Held item: Leftovers

Looks pretty good other than the Nature. Nice coverage and a STAB Zen Headbutt can be pretty useful on such a strong Physical Attacker. You always have the choice of ThunderPunch if you don't like running Zen Headbutt or you need an Electric-Type attack in there.

As for Hydreigon, I'd look at this for an analysis, but if I were to replace anything, it would be Swampert. You have a great Physical Attacker in Metagross, so a CB Swampert isn't REALLY needed. Since Hydreigon is a Special Attacker, a Fire Blast (or FlameThrower if you don't like the accuracy) can take out Ice-Type threats.

I've probably left some things out, so just ask if you need more explanation.

Years
  • very good but on Swampert is Muddy water needed? because its a ground type move and eq is a ground type move.

Muddy Water is Water-Type...

The main differences between Muddy Water and Surf is Accuracy (MW = 85%, Surf = 100%), Effect (MW has 30% Chance to lower Accuracy), and PP (MW = 10, Surf = 15). I'd go with Surf just for Accuracy. I'm never lucky with 85% Accuracy. :/

Years
  • I would recommend Rotom-W as a replacement to Swampert, since Salamence and Metagross compliment each other nicely, and you really need a special attacker/tank. Rotom-W can use Trick to swap a choice scarf onto the opponent's pokemon, crippling any pokemon that needs to set up to succeed. Hydro Pump and Thunderbolt are it's main offenses, and leftovers usually makes a good held item. The last slot should probably be either Protect or Shadow Ball, up to you.

Choice Scarf works nicely on Mence, leaving Life Orb for your Metagross. And if you wanted to, you could switch Ice Punch for Explosion, it works quite well as a final deadly effort before Meta faints.

Back