• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
Years
How

In Advance Map, how do I make new map headers without replacing old ones? When I view the header on maps, the button "Created New Names" is faded, and could not be clicked... help please?

Mr. Chess

The sound of one foot clapping
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 30, 2008
I know this has been asked over and over, but I can't find the answer to it. Anywhere. So, anyway, when I control-click in Elite Map, it's supposed to show the script, right? Well it's not doing that. What's wrong?

Youji

Game Designer
Years
I know this has been asked over and over, but I can't find the answer to it. Anywhere. So, anyway, when I control-click in Elite Map, it's supposed to show the script, right? Well it's not doing that. What's wrong?

I have the same problem and I found nothing out. At the beginnig it worked but later on there's just an empty space or -----------------------. I don't know why. And reinstalling isn't helping.

Support POKéMON LEGEND by going to the first post in the same name thread.

Youji

Game Designer
Years
When I took item scripts from Viridian forest, and put them on a route, I put them as people, and when ever I pick up the item, I get it, and then when I walk one step, it reappears. Why?

You maybe have an error in your script. Post it here.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2008
UnLZ GBA

I downloaded UnLZ GBA, but when I open a ROM, this is what it shows: (Look at attachment!)

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2007
I have a few questions that need awnsers....
1.How do you change the pokemon rarity with Advance Map?
2.How do you make a pokescript event that lets you go on a boat then takes you to a different region like a boat from kanto to hoenn?
3.How do you add a new map without deleteing the old one but if you have to delete the old one how do you add fly spaces for city's
4.When i add new city's and try to change there name it also changes the name of an other city like im making pallet town i change the name to that click the change name ubtton click find click on an offset click repoint but evry time it changes the name of other city's like little root town

oh ya im using emerald,you dont have to awnser all of them but try to awnser the most you can

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2008
Even if I click on next, that is all it shows.

Ok, the problem with UnLZ GBA is fixed, now, when I import a new image to replace a pokemon, how do I create a pokemon with its own name, types, stats, etc, with that image and import it into the ROM(Sapphire)? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2007
Does anyone know the EMERALD offsets for these things?

1.pokedex
2.the pokemon thing in the start menu so you can actually get pokemon,were your pokemon in your party go
3.the running shoes

thanks in advance

Shadow-Soul

Mapper/Hacker
Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2011
how can i make it so you don't need a badge to use surf?

and how do i edit the tittlescreen?

Thanks

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2008
Problems w/ UnLZ GBA

I tried to put the new male player sprites from Diamond&Pearl into a Sapphire game, replacing the old ones. It showed up in UnLZ GBA like I wanted, but the game didn't show the new one. I know I did it write, but what happened is when I tried to write it to the ROM it said " Compressed size is 3BC. Which is to big. Abortng. What is wrong?

Shining Salamence

Master of all things cool
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2011
I get an error message whenever I try to start Pokemap. :(

Run Time Error '339':

Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' not correctly registered: file is missing or invalid

Years
1.How do you change the pokemon rarity with Advance Map?

under the wild pokemon view, once you have loaded your ROM, it has what wild pokemon appear on the route or town/city (of course if you want them in a city you would have to click expand first to create wild pokemon data on the map)the more that one pokemon appears in the wild pokemon view, the more common it is. Lets say on Route 1. there are:
Pidgey
Rattata
Pidgey
Rattata
Pidgey
Rattata....(etc.)
there are 6 slots of Pidgey and Rattata each, which means they are equally common. Now lets say you were to add 1 Squirtle, over a Pidgey.
Rattata would be more common than Pidgey and a Squirtle will be extreemely rare.

Giovanni

Kyber-Groudon

After all, I'm only human.....
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2008
starter sets FR/LG

Can somebody give me the hex offsets so i can alter the starters for FireRed?

Kyber-Groudon

After all, I'm only human.....
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2008
Why don't you just download A-starter,that will change it for you

Oh! Thanks! I have no idea what it is but I'll just look it up. Thanks for that. My hacking just got easier. Now you can join the rebels and use fire types to defeat overlord ketchum (ash is evil lol) and his articuno.

Shadow-Soul

Mapper/Hacker
Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2011
lol, it ius a very easy program that u pick the three starters then what your rival would pick

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Shadow-Soul said:
how can i make it so you don't need a badge to use surf?

and how do i edit the tittlescreen?

Thanks

1. You could change the badge in hex, I am not sure where though xD

2. In Unlz.gba Ruby/Sapphire- Groudon/Kyogre = 78
Fire Red/Leaf Green- Image offset = 0xEAD508 under 256 colour mode
-Pokemon Image = 0x40E740 under 16 colour mode

clakes707 said:
I tried to put the new male player sprites from Diamond&Pearl into a Sapphire game, replacing the old ones. It showed up in UnLZ GBA like I wanted, but the game didn't show the new one. I know I did it write, but what happened is when I tried to write it to the ROM it said " Compressed size is 3BC. Which is to big. Abortng. What is wrong?

Well of course a DP sprite is too big, they get bigger each generation... a Sapphire Sprite is 64 x 64 whereas a DP sprite is 80 x 80, also index the sprite by exporting the image you want to get rid of and then paste the DP sprite over it and then import that.

Shining Salamence said:
I get an error message whenever I try to start Pokemap. :(

Run Time Error '339':

Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' not correctly registered: file is missing or invalid

Search for that file on google and then put it in the same location as where the program is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back