• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMT] RU / NU Team

--Nirvana--

State of Liberation
Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2012
    [RMT] UU Team

Now, to be honest, I don't really know what tier this team belongs in :P (I do now... it's UU!). Anyways, this is my team and so far, I have had some luck with it. I still feel it could be better.

Here it is:

i. Drapion:

Held Item: Leftovers
    Careful nature
    Ability: Battle Armor
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpDef / 4 Spe

Crunch
    Whirlwind
    Toxic Spikes
    Taunt

A specially defensive supporting lead. I usually opt for Toxic Spikes on turn one followed by Whirlwind so I can potentially poison the switch-in. Then, hoping for the switch, use Toxic Spikes again to badly poison all that switch in. Crunch provides me decent STAB damage while Taunt gives me the option of prevent opposing leads to set up Stealth Rock or Spikes.

The EV spread was designed to even up Drapion's defensives as well as make him harder to OHKO with either a physical or special attack.

ii: Escavalier:

Adamant nature
    Ability: Swarm
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def

Swords Dance
    Megahorn
    Iron Head
    Return

A Swords Dance yet reasonably bulky sweeper. Swords Dance is the most important move on the set as it provides Escavalier with move attack (on top of its already impressive attack stat). Megahorn and Iron Head gives Escavalier powerful STAB attacks while Return gives him a move to use when Megahorn and Iron Head are unsuitable.

The EV spread gives Escavalier decent bulk and thanks to the Adamant nature coupled with 252 attack EVs an attack stat of 405. This is then further increased by Swords Dance as mentioned earlier.

iii: Seismitoad:

Held Item: Life Orb
    Modest nature
    Ability: Swift Swim
    EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpAtk / 160 Spe

Rain Dance
    Hydro Pump
    Earth Power
    Sludge Wave

A Swift Swim sweeper. Rain Dance is the most important move as it activates Swift Swim for five turns meaning Seismitoad's speed doubles. Hudro Pump and Earth Power gives Seismitoad two solid STAB moves while Sludge Wave gives him something to hit Pokémon that Hydro Pump and Earth Power can't touch.

For the EV spread I decided to invest a little into HP so that Seismitoad can survive at least one hit from anything excluding a grass-type attack. 252 SpAtk EVs allows Seismitoad to hit pretty hard while 160 speed EVs combined with Swift Swim allows Seismitoad to outspeed nearly anything in RU / NU.

iv: Bouffalant:

Held Item: Choice Band
    Adamant nature
    Ability: Sap Sipper
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpDef / 252 Spe

Head Charge
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Megahorn

My Seismitoad weak (the Pokémon I switch into when Seismitoad is threatened by a grass-type move) switch-in and sweeper. Sap Sipper means that any grass-type attack hitting Bouffalant does zero damage. That's why I mentioned the above about Seismitoad. Head Charge gives Bouffalant a STAB attack to deal massive damage to all that don't resist. Earthquake and Stone Edge provide coverage against anything Head Charge can't touch for regular damage for either super-effective or regular effective damage. Megahorn allows me to hit grass-types and ice-types for super-effective damage.

The EVs are set up so Bouffalant can hit hard and outspeed Pokémon as well. Umm, what more to say really, Choice Band further boosts his power I guess :P.

v: Eelektross:

Held Item: Life Orb
    Modest nature
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpAtk / 4 SpDef

Thunderbolt
    Flamethrower
    Grass Knot
    U-turn

The weakness free special multi-coverage sweeper. Thanks to Levitate Eelektross is weak to nothing meaning I can switch into anything without fear of super-effective damage. Thunderbolt gives Eelektross a STAB attack while Flamethrower and Grass Knot hits nearly every other type for either super or regular damage. U-turn is there so I can still deal damage while switching. The EVs provide Eelektross with a little bit of bulk as well as a ton of special attack.

vi: Chandelure:

Modest nature
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 240 HP / 144 Def / 40 SpAtk / 84 Spe

Flamethrower
    Will-O-Wisp
    Shadow Ball
    Pain Split

The weak-link. The reason I say this is simple; Chandelure is a placeholder until I can find another Pokémon to replace him. However, Flash Fire is really useful as it allows me to switch into Chandelure when Escavalier is threatened by a fire-type attack. Flamethrower gives Chandelure a good STAB attack while Will-O-Wisp provides my team with burn support. Shadow Ball is another SYAB move which will hit all that Flamethrower couldn't hurt. Pain Split is used when Chandelure's health is low.

Last edited:
    Back