• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Unknown Looking for Members!

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2024
    Team Name
    Hello everyone, and thank you for checking out the post. Right now, the team is called "Team Unknown". The reason for this is I plan on recruiting a bunch of people who are new to the Rom Hacking community such as myself to come together, learn a lot, and make a ROM Hack.

Introduction
    As said above, I want to form a team of a bunch of new people. However, I don't want to just build any regular team. I want to build a team of people that have a passion for the Pokemon series, are willing to take the time to learn and work on the hack, and are also very friendly/capable of working with others. I know that there's a lot of people out there that want to work on a rom hack but can't find the right group of people to do it with.

My goal with this team is to build a pretty simple, yet well put-together Rom hack while learning a lot about the whole field of rom hacking throughout. This whole process will be a learning experience that I believe can be very valuable to me and whoever decides to join this team.

Application Form
    Please fill out this application form and post it below so I can review it.

Name:
    Timezone:
    Skills(Coding, Mapping, etc.):
    Experience/Proof of work(it's okay if you have none):
    Amount of time you can put into this:
    Discord name:
    Anything else you want me to know:

Current Team Members:
    Me: Director, planner, mapper.
    BTD6_maker: Battles, planner.

Current Progress:
    Basic region plan has been made, pictures will be uploaded soon.
    We have also planned that all gen 4 pokemon that are related to gen 1-3 pokemon through evolution will be included. We are working out evolution methods for all of these Pokemon.

A few things that I want to mention about this rom hack that I have already decided are:
    - No Fakemon: I believe that most of the time Fakemon are not done very well and make the whole hack look rather sloppy, something I would look to avoid.
    - Will be a FireRed hack.

Again, thank you for reading this. Please fill out the application form if you are interested in joining, and have a nice day :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2021
    Hey, im interested in getting a group going. I have a few ideas for a hack for FR/LG. Im sorta new to the hacking world. I have done several maps and have learned the basics but coding is new to me

Name: Zee
    Timezone: EST
    Skills(Coding, Mapping, etc.): Mapping
    Experience/Proof of work(it's okay if you have none): Currently none, but willing to make something up for ya
    Amount of time you can put into this: Available some nights and on weekends
    Skype username: I have a skype, just soooo long since i used it. Would have to dig it up
    Anything else you want me to know: Team player and willing to share ideas. PM me if you want me on your team

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    Really interested in getting a group together!

Name: Rowdy
    Timezone: GMT+1
    Skills(Coding, Mapping, etc.): Graphic design/Coding
    Experience/Proof of work(it's okay if you have none): You can check out my work Here! As for coding, I don't really have anything to show for that, but I have some other coding experience so it probably won't be hard getting into learning it.
    Amount of time you can put into this: Currently i'm not doing anything since I recently quit uni so I can do a different study which starts september this year (study for graphic design). So that's why I kind of have a lot of free time on my hands and most of the time im available online all day except for a couple of evenings since I work too.
    Discord name: RowdyHD#8379
    Anything else you want me to know: Not really anything I can think of.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2022
    Name: Symo, i prefer not to use my real name.

Timezone: GMT +1

Skills(Coding, Mapping, etc.): Mainly mapping(in Amap) (I don't know why, but my computer does not allow me to use xSe or any other scripting programs, so I don't have experience with scripting although I really want to), I'm kinda new, and I also know how to edit/manipulate( I'm not a pro) pictures if that helps.
    Experience/Proof of work(it's okay if you have none): I don't have any.

Amount of time you can put into this: I'll mainly be available in the weekends and in holidays (if I'm not on a vacation). Right now I work my ass off with a school project that shall be finished in 2 weeks. After that I'll have a lot of spare time too.

Discord name: Symo#6635

Anything else you want me to know: I really don't know how to edit tiles so if anyone could help me that would be great!

If you want me in your team please contact me on Dicord as I use Discord more than Pokecommunity.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2017
    Name: if we aren't going by screen names, then TJ
    Timezone: EST
    Skills: i'll claim spriting and scripting... how much are we suppose to lie on a resume? Would it help if i listed humor? of course, confidence is lacking... willing to please?
    Experience/Proof: functionally none... have been fiddling on something on my own, but most of it is story outline and fakemon at this point, which doesn't seem to be what you're looking for... have prior knowledge of C++ and most of the scripting seems related to that (have to add in hex-decimal for designations of items, map locations, etc)
    Amount of time you can put into this: could probably do like 3hrs a day, around 6 to 9-ish in the evening... television isn't that good
    Discord Name: had to look up what this is, so none...
    Anything else you want me to know: i don't think there's anything to be said to help my cause, but i'd have a few questions that may hurt it:

1) to be on the same page, this is specifically Fire Red Version (U) (V1.0) and not 1695-Fire Red Version (U) (Independent) because i had a whammy of a time figuring out these were two different things and that most pre-made hacking tools are for (V1.0)... on a related note, is there a specific tool set that you're using... already fiddling with advanced maps and PGE, but trying to work out NSE

2) was "Team Unown" already taken... just that's a poke-reference to slip in, but it's an obvious one, so said team probably already exists... with a longer-standing community like this, probably have been several 'unown(s)' already...

3) i guess scope... you mentioned new map, all pokemon from GEN I - III + think about 20 from Gen IV, getting to about 400... think fire red has enough space for that (overwriting some unowns), but map can get cluttered quickly with a bunch of new pokemon each route, so larger map or have something like safari zone snuck in to round out the numbers... changing player sprite at all? new terrain/animations? assuming similar 8 badge + fight E4 setup, but does that get into a post-game?

4) does no fakemon = no pkmn sprite editing altogether? like, can't have a elekid doing a headstand?

5) are you including fairy type? or any alteration to ice type?

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2024
    Thank you to everyone who has applied. I have sent u all either a PM or request on discord!

heatseekercrow

Mr.Envy
    Years
  • Join Me .. i want to help.

Name: heatseekercrow
    Timezone: PST
    Skills(Coding, Mapping, etc.): versatile but i prefer scripting
    Experience/Proof of work(it's okay if you have none): none
    Amount of time you can put into this: maybe whole day.
    Discord name: heatseekercrow

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2018
    Nick5000 has long since left the project, but we are still continuing. (Currently it's just myself, Rowdy, and Symo).

We have decided that we need some more people in order to progress with this at a faster pace.

In particular, we are looking for a spriter, someone to work on tiles/graphics, and a musician.

Years
  • Timezone: gmt +1 amsterdam
    Skills: a mapper with little experience but very interested into learning more
    I also have a wide fantasy
    Experience/Proof of work(it's okay if you have none): for now I don't have any :(
    Amount of time you can put into this: loads of time cuz im off exams but still gotta go to school but I will have a good amount of time like 2 hours a day
    Discord name: -Wood-V3rTiCaL#8452
    using advance maps
    nse 2.0
    and photoshop :)

Years
  • Name:Nebojsa Jovic (BunnySpriter)
    Timezone: UTC+1 (CET - Central European Time)
    Skills(Coding, Mapping, etc.):Spriter,Graphic Design
    Experience/Proof of work(it's okay if you have none):Made 15-20 sprites for Dark Rising Series which can be found on their webpage in forums.My name there was Lord of Darkness.
    Amount of time you can put into this:4-5 h daily
    Discord name:/
    Anything else you want me to know:Can just make sprites and pixel art..dont have idea about importing it.

Locks.Doodles

Doodler
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2017
    Hiya. I am VERY new to rom hacking, but I would like to be a part of your team.
    Name:Cassidy
    Time zone:PST
    Skills:Spriting, Character Design, and Fakemon Design.
    Experience:The start of a Pokemon rom hack called Pokemon Red OVERDRIVE that nobody knows about.
    Amount of time I can put into this: Weekends and late nights. From 4 to 3 hours a day.
    Discord Name:210locks
    Anything Else?I can attempt to do concept or box art.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2017
    Name: kcrules
    Timezone:IST
    Skills(Coding, Mapping, etc.):Sound Design, can do a bit of mapping.
    Experience/Proof of work(it's okay if you have none): None
    Amount of time you can put into this: I am mostly free on weekends, and am free on weekdays till mid September
    Discord name:Krish
    Anything else you want me to know: Will be really busy starting from September till December.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Name: Nova
    Timezone: US Central
    Skills(Coding, Mapping, etc.): Mapping, tile editing/inserting, some scripting (not much)
    Experience/Proof of work(it's okay if you have none): I have plenty of maps I can show and edited tiles
    Amount of time you can put into this: Varies
    Discord name: Nova33 (#6250)
    Anything else you want me to know: I am currently working on a hack for Emerald version but have run into many snags. I would really enjoy working with others in order to learn more about rom hacking and potentially make progress in my hack as well as help you with yours

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2017
    ready?
    here we go.

Sadly, you may not know my name, it's private
    Timezone: EET/EEST
    Skills: Binary, some tile stuff
    Amount of time you can put into this: INDEFINITE (Not online on tuesdays and saturdays)
    Discord name: TundraCat
    I like to be random, so ignore that.

Years
  • Name: JACKJ106
    Timezone:EST
    SKILLS: I can do all of this pretty well, im REALLY good with spritework, both overworld and in battle, map making( ans in the rooms for the game), getting my hands dirty and not using standard editors like advance starter and advance trainer... ect
    Experience/Proof of work(it's okay if you have none): havent posted any online... YET...
    I can actually send you pictures of my current project over PM, but only
    Amount of time you can put into this: A Lot, whenever i am needed.
    Discord name: Jackj106 Games#5868
    Fakemon can look really ligit
    ex:
    (done by me, for my hack, but can make others too... (trust me, im good))
    art%20torimber.png

also, i dont do voice chat w/ discord...
    only text.

Years
  • Hi there,
    looking forward for a cooperation :-)

Name: Lightblitz7 | Paul
    Timezone: GMT +02:00 (Germany)
    Skills (Coding, Mapping, etc.): Music composition
    Experience / Proof of work (it's okay if you have none): No hacking experience yet, only "normal" composition (send if requested)
    Amount of time you can put into this: 3-4 hours / day
    Discord name: Lightblitz7
    Anything else you want me to know: German --> intermediate English skills
    No voice chat (however, really fast typing ;-))

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2017
    Hi there,I never worked on a project before and as you can se in my application I don't really know how to program things but I really wanted to work on something like this.

Name: Astico
    Timezone: GMT+1
    Skills(Coding, Mapping, etc.) General Ideas & Storytelling.
    Experience/Proof of work(it's okay if you have none): I don't really have proof of my work.
    Amount of time you can put into this: I can be at least 3 hours a day working on this project, I just can't really work on it on wednesdays.
    Discord name: Astico#0048
    Anything else you want me to know: Since you are the one who already has the ideas and I think you already thought about the plot maybe I won't be a good addition to the team.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2021
    If your still looking for people i would be down for it
    Name: Adam/Magnus
    Skills(Coding, Mapping, etc.): Coding/Scripting
    Experience/Proof of work(it's okay if you have none): no actual experience but after looking at videos for its not nearly as hard as actual programming languages so I could learn it.
    Amount of time you can put into this: At least an hour a day if not more
    Discord name: Magnus#3851
    Anything else you want me to know: I can learn scripting fast since the syntax doesnt seem to hard hope to work with you

Mega Swadloon

Swadloon Trainer
    Years
  • Honestly, this sounds like a great idea and a perfect fit for me.

Name: Evan
    Skills(Coding, Mapping, etc.): Graphics inserting, tile inserting, scripting(but I'm rusty). I'm working really hard on learning how to do music editing, and I think I can now but I haven't actually done it yet.
    Experience/Proof of work(it's okay if you have none): I made this disaster https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&noapp=1&v=-25tXh1M8F8
    Amount of time you can put into this: at least an hour a day
    Discord name: N/A

Last edited:

Eon Lucifer

The Shadowy Copycat
    Years
  • Timezone: Eastern Standard Time
    Skills(Coding, Mapping, etc.): Story Building and Character Design
    Experience/Proof of work(it's okay if you have none): N/A
    Amount of time you can put into this: Story building is a 24/7 process while I can out at least 5 hours per day into character design
    Discord name: krow-ma-zones#1929

Back