• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon - Shining Wish Version

Years
  • Hello everyone! I'm new to PC, but I have a planned project that I'm interested in getting some feedback on. For starters, I'm definitely acquainted with ROM hacking, however I have never attempted a hack of this magnitude. I have no idea how long this will take (probably 1 year minimum), but I am prepared to pour my heart and soul into this project. Currently the only people working on this project are me and my cousin. She is helping with concept art and character design. I am the sole hacker as of right now. There is a lot still being planned out so I am hesitant to release story details and what not, but here is a rough outline of what I plan to include:
    • A brand new region with an original story
    • A unique and creative cast of characters
    • Custom graphics and sprites
    • All Pokemon from Generations I-V (649 total)
    • A Day/Night Cycle that changes wild Pokemon
    • Game mechanics from future generations
    • Various fixes and enhancements

I know it's very vague and I apologize for that, but I would still like to know what you think! Also, I am taking suggestions so if there is a feature you want to see added don't hesitate to ask. If you want to be a part of the project please PM me for more details. Expect more updates soon!

~Spinda

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I can't really comment on anything since the features you listed are very general and quite common in a lot of hacks. Any reason you're only planning to include Pokémon up to Gen 5 and not 7?

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • Welp. To be frank, I kind of despise Sun and Moon with all of my being.

EDIT: X and Y are fine I guess, but gen 5 was the last really good generation.
    make it gen iv and
    ������������������������������������������������������������ good shit go౦ԁ sHit������ thats ✔ some good������������shit right������������there������������������ right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self ������ i say so ������ thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ������ ������������ ������НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ������ ������������ ������ ������ ������ ������ ������ ������ ������������Good shit

edit:
    oh yeah on topic
    yeah the features are rather generic. screencaps of like mockups would be very helpful in communicating like commitment and effort~
    hope you go far with your template
    and ik i can't see half of my post either it's part of the point tbh

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Welp. To be frank, I kind of despise Sun and Moon with all of my being.

EDIT: X and Y are fine I guess, but gen 5 was the last really good generation.

Fair enough, adding more Pokémon, moves and mechanics can be very time consuming anyway.

Have you thought about the hack's story or any details about the region?

Years
  • Made some box art:
    Pokemon - Shining Wish Version

Back