• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Fire Red Randomizer version

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Pokémon Fire Red enhanced for a Randomizer experience
    Hi, I did this "hack" if we can call it one to have a better experience when I play Randomized Fire Red. Since it looked good, I decided to post it here for other people to use it if they want to.

Note: You are supposed to randomize a clean Fire Red rom and then patch it with my .ips.
    Features:
    - Physical/Special Split System implemented
    - New Pokémon sprites from Gen 4/5
    - New Pokémon icons from Gen 6
    - New In-Battle & Outside Textboxes
    - New HP Box
    - Decapitalized Pokémon names, items, abilities & moves
    - Running Shoes inside Buildings
    - Reusable TMs

Randomizer to Use:
    Universal Pokémon Randomizer 1.7.2

Important Stuff in the Randomizer Settings:
    - "Update Base Stats"
    - "Change Impossible Evos"
    - "Give National Dex at Start"

Pokémon Base Stats haven't been updated to their Gen VI state, and Pokémon evolutions haven't been edited. So if you don't plan on using VBA Link to evolve Pokémon like Kadabra, I suggest you to click the first two for a better gameplay experience. National Dex is necessary to evolve Pokémon outside of Kanto I think, so that's a very important one too.

In the download there's a very basic Premade Seed for the Randomizer that I usually use that I think it's optimal for this patch.

Credits:
    Chaos Rush
    diegoisawesome
    Doesntknowhowtoplay
    HackMew
    HollowRoxas

P.S.: I wish I could post a few Screenshots, but it says I can't post links so I put them in the download attachment. Please tell me of any bugs and make sure to post some screenshots of your Randomizer runs if you do end up playing it. Bye from Italy.

Attachments

• Fire Red Randomizer version.rar
      684 KB · Views: 4,093
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2016
    Is it possible to play this without randomizing? These are excellent quality of life changes. If not, is there a hack out there that makes these changes (while making the regular game more difficult too)? Sorry if these are noob questions, never done hacks before.

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    found a glitch. I literally cannot continue the game. It freezes when Professor Oak hands me the Pokedex. press the A-button again, the coin case menu shows up on the left of the screen and the dialog repeats, complete with the rival running off screen. wash, rinse and repeat.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2017
    Use this instead:

reddit.com/r/PokemonROMhacks/comments/5c808k/gen_iii_games_with_pss_working_with_universal/

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2018
    The national Pokédex isn't included in the game I got pupitar up to lvl 55 and now can't evolve it

Back