• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen The Slowpoke Tail

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Slowpoke Tail is Johto's secret favourite meal. Everyone's selling them but nobody is willing to admit they often dine with it. A shady guy tries to sell it to you when you've just barely left home. Like come on. That's just rude.

Let us dive into what the Slowpoke Tail really represents.

Slowpoke evolves by a Shellder attaching to its tail. Without the tail you can't evolve it because there is nothing to attach itself to...

So really when you think about it - by harvesting Slowpoke's tail... you are stopping it from evolving. While we don't know how long it takes to get its tail back... what we do know is this is wrong. I think.

What do you guys think? Is cutting off Slowpoke's tail a really that wrong? What do you think it would taste like?

...would you buy and sell them (or have you??)

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • It's Cruel. Yes. Probably it is a very good delicacy, Think of a time you ate really good BBQ Brisket.

Probably not. Never have.

As much of a gourmand as I could be, I love the pink derps too much to hurt 'em. Though any tail that fell off naturally, or otherwise just got removed in the course of a normal battle is fair game. No you monsters I will not pit my slowpokes against your Scyther. Stay in your ball Pokey. Good Slowpoke.

As for the game itself, it serves to remind the player that there are NOT SO NICE PEOPLE in the world. People who care nothing of Pokemon who treat them poorly.

Last edited:

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
  • It always seemed pretty barbaric to cut off their tails, but I never thought about it stopping evolution.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    As a kid, to me, it seemed SO cool. But really? I don't think it's fair on Slowpoke :c Yeah they can grow them back buuutttt... why not leave it as is? How else will the dopey thing fish? ...I mean I guess a Magikarp could just jump into its lap but I do highly doubt that. Bring down Team Rocket, imo. I think it was pretty odd to have first up (well, almost) though!

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    By cutting of their tail they can still evolve into Slowking, right? They only need a head for that.

...Not that I am encouraging the tail-cutting here.

Back