• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

BW OU team

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Hello
Below is my team on which I'd like some advice:

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic
- Focus Blast
- Perish Song

I've been playing around with a scarfer and this one and this one works best on this team. Focus Blast on Politoed scares a lot of Ferrothorns and TTars. Perish Song is very handy for Pokémon who's like to set up or Baton Passers.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Brick Break
- Pursuit

Banded Scizor alwats packs a nice punch.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Wish
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head

I love specially defensive Jirachi. Besides an Earthquake, he can take a lot. Thunder Wave and Iron Head trolling allows for some extra healing with leftovers.

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Trick
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball

A nice lead, if needed.

Celebi @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 144 HP / 252 SAtk / 112 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This Pokémon works quite well. I've been thinking of putting in Recover, but don't know where. Or to replace Life Orb, but Celebi can use the extra punch.
Speed investments is to outspeed a max speed Breloom, we will beat my team eyes closed without Celebi.

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Scald
- Rain Dance
- Hidden Power [Electric]

I love Vaporeon in the rain. HP electric is needed. I've found that just Scald doesn't cut it. Certainly against the likes of Jellicent or other Vaporeon, even in I have Toxic.
Rain Dance is very handy and unexpected. I can take two solarbeams from Ninetales usually. So I switch on and take one. Take another and use Rain Dance. After that, I have time to rest of since Solarbeam needs time to charge and Fire attacks can't kill me.
Anyways, just having Politoad on my team with Drizzle wasn't enough.

That's my team. It works quite well, but still misses some stuff.
No Fire moves against a Ferrothorn or Foretress can be quite annoying. And I don't like Haxorus.

Thank you!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Hi, and welcome to CBC! :)

First off, you're team is pretty cute but it good do with some tuning.

Shadow Ball goes to waste on Rotom-W, it should be replaced with either Hp Ice/Fire/Grass. Ice lets you deal with Dragons who wall your other moves, Fire deals with Grass types who again, wall your other moves and Grass usually isn't used but hits Quagsire, Gastrodon and Swampert. It's up to you which one you use. However, since you're using a Drizzle team, Hp Fire will be weakened. Along with all the other Fire Moves, so you'll have to find a different way around Forretress and Scizor...

Jirachi's Ev spread is a lil' messy, the standard spread is; 252 Hp / 224 SpD / 32 Spe :)

Celebi's an odd case. If you replace a certain move with Recover you'll lose to other Pokemon. If you replace Hp Ice you lose to Lati@s, Salamence, Dragonite etc. If you replace Earth Power you lose to Heatran and other Fire & Steel types. It all comes down to what your team can handle and what it cannot. iirc Scald in the Rain can deal with Heatran and the likes so replace Earth Power with Recover, if you really want it.

Superpower > Brick Break on Scizor, with the Choice Band you'll more than likely be switching out so the Defense and Attack drop isn't anything to worry about.

Vaporeon doesn't need Rain Dance. On a drizzle team it's a loss. I know it's there in case Politoed dies and a weather changer comes in but that's the whole point of keeping Toed alive. Put Toxic in that slot. Vaporeon is a nice bulky water so it can take the hits and whittle down the opponents HP. Also, Wish > HP Electric. You're not going to be doing much damage with that, especially to enemy Jellicent. Vaporeon has a huge HP Stat and passing off Wishes that big can help you out a lot.

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2015
There are quite a few problems with this team.
You probably need a physical sweeper in this team maybe a terrikon, dragonite or even a gliscor could work quite well in the rain.

With Jirachi Take off thunderwave and add Thunder since Thunder is 100% in the rain :)

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Thunder on Jirachi is a possibility, and so is Body Slam. And as far as physical rain sweepers go, the best one is Choice Band Kingdra, if you're allowed to use Swift Swim + Drizzle. The standard set gets near perfect coverage with only two stab moves of Outrage and Waterfall, both having an effective base power of 180. Rain sweeper Dragonite or Standard Mixnite are also quite good.

Also, Azumarill and its strong Aqua Jet can be a nice addition to your team.

Back