• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen So! Lake of Rage.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Beta designs show that it COULD have been a gym... had it gone with the beta designs. It would seem to have a small township, as well. You can see the design below. What would have you liked to see in the town? What kind of NPCs? What sort of gym would have you liked? Feel free to explain what type it would be (water, or maybe replace dragon in Blackthorn maybe?) and who would have been the leader!

What else would have you added to the Lake of Rage to make it even more awesome? Would have you added more wild Pokemon? Discussss!

Beta_Lake_of_Rage.png

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I think a Gyarados worship town would have been awesome. Even better - worshipping Magikarp.

If it was a town dedicated to Gyarados I think it would a) replace Blackthorn and become the dragon gym and b) Gyarados would be part dragon. If Gyarados had a whole damn town dedicated to it it would have to be dragon - none of this flying stuff!

Imagine if it was Lance's home town, too!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Eh, I'm fine with it not being a town and just a nice location. I mean, there's already Mahogany Town right below it. Don't need two towns glued to each other. Anyway, I already like it as is, but I wish the wild Pokemon were higher leveled there? Though that's just a problem with GSC as a whole and not really Lake of Rage. lol

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2019
It wouldn't have been Water-type since Kanto has a Water Gym, but it would have been either Ice (relocating the Mahogany Gym) or a Dragon Gym (relocating Blackthorn Gym).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well just because Kanto had it doesn't mean Johto can't :) Actually if it was Water-type it would make a lot of sense... as the whole thing gets flooded in the remakes! But back in GSC days... it's a massive lake in the middle of nowhere. Why shouldn't it make use of the fact that water is everywhere? :)

I think they could have easily made Mahogany a stop over though thinking about it. The whole Team Rocket takeover could happen there still but it would no longer be a city and Lake of Rage would take its gym (where it TRULY belongs!)

Back