• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My HG Team, Help!

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2010
    Hi, i just started this whole thing with making a team and battling and this is the first team i actually made and took time to EV train and everything but it feels like it lacks something i really need help on tweaking it to make it as close as to perfect as i can get it to. All suggestions would be great, like if you think a different move should be added, or item, or even whole new Pokemon i am fine with it. Thanks. My team is as follows:

Aerodactyl- Focus Sash- Pressure- Jolly (Lead) Ev:4Hp/252 AtK/ 252 Spe
    -Stealth Rock
    -Taunt
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge

Arcanine- Expert Belt- Intimidate- Adamant Ev:4Hp/252 AtK/ 252 Spe
    -Flare Blitz
    -ExtremeSpeed
    -ThunderFang
    -Iron Head

Alakazam- Choice Specs (i dont no bout this it gets me stuck alot)- Synch- Modest Ev:252 SpA/ 4 SpD/ 252 Spe
    -Signal Beam
    -Psychic
    -Focus Blast
    -Energy Ball

Salamance- Life Orb- Intimidate- Naughty Ev:252 AtK/ 4 SpA/ 252 Spe
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -FireBlast

Starmie- Wise Lens- Natural Cure- Modest Ev:4Hp/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -ThunderBolt
    -Grass Knot

Weavile- Choice Band- Jolly Ev: 4 Hp/ 252 AtK/ 252 Spe
    -Pursuit
    -Ice Shard
    -Brick Break
    -Aerial Ace

Please Help i keep feeling like i dont have anof defense. Thank You

Last edited:

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Hey, can you put any EV or IV listings for your Pokemon, so its easier to rate? But looking at it so far, I would say get rid of Signal Beam for Shadow Ball or Calm Mind, I recommend Calm Mind more though. Other than that looks like it can hold its ground. Just one thing, I don't see a proper tank on your team. Also all your move sets are from Smogon, correct?

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2010
    Hey, can you put any EV or IV listings for your Pokemon, so its easier to rate? But looking at it so far, I would say get rid of Signal Beam for Shadow Ball or Calm Mind, I recommend Calm Mind more though. Other than that looks like it can hold its ground. Just one thing, I don't see a proper tank on your team. Also all your move sets are from Smogon, correct?

I put the EVs up their and i feel that Arcanine isn't strong anof i was thinking about going with Infernape what do you think? and Alright but if i put calm mind what should it hold? As for Weavile i put ice shard to get rid of the regular dragon threats but i dont think it does anof to OHKO and it really survive, i know its a priority move and all that but do you think of Ice Punch instead. Yes all the move sets are from Smogon; what do you mean by tank, Sorry i am really new to this. Thank you for the help by the way.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I put the EVs up their and i feel that Arcanine isn't strong anof i was thinking about going with Infernape what do you think? and Alright but if i put calm mind what should it hold? As for Weavile i put ice shard to get rid of the regular dragon threats but i dont think it does anof to OHKO and it really survive, i know its a priority move and all that but do you think of Ice Punch instead. Yes all the move sets are from Smogon; what do you mean by tank, Sorry i am really new to this. Thank you for the help by the way.

Okay, the EV points are allocated correctly. Also disregard my recommendation for Alakazam, keep Signal Beam and also keep the Choice Specs. Usually most of the time Alakazam won't have time to set up a Calm Mind, unless without a Focus Sash. Also for Arcanine, thats up to you actually, Infernape is faster than Arcanine. Plus Infernape has a more vast movepool than Arcanine. Infernape with 252 Spe, you should be able to get the jump on most Pokemon.

When I mean tank, I meant a pokemon to withstand hits and set-up on your opponent. Like I have a Skarmory, and I use him to set-up Spikes, on my opponent. For example, you have Aerodactyl with Stealth Rock, Aerodactyl isn't a tank, but he is your lead that will set-up on your opponent. So that's the reason I recommended you have a tank. Since Aerodactyl doesn't do the job as well, compared to a tank like Blissey or Skarmory.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    Is this a Wi-fi Team?
    If it is here are some suggestions:

If you feel like you need more defense, try out walls on your Team

Donphan, Uxie, Ducknoir, and Steelix make great Physical Walls
    Noctowl, Milotic, Tentacruel, and Snorlax are good on the Special Defensive side

Walls are great because they can stop your opponents hits easily
    Also, they can set up Entry Hazards or even status your opponents Pokemon (i.e. Hypnosis or Toxic)
    Pick two that can work together easily and you should be fine

Be careful half of your Team in weak to Rock-type moves

Back