• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Zenith: The Fall Into Destiny

Years
  • Sorry for the long absense, guys. I've hardly had any time at all do do anything with my college classes, making time for my boyfriend, and other actvities I engage in. I do have some sketches done though. I'll post them this weekend.

One thing on your pokemon names: not to be over-critical but pokemon for the US versions are always named using English words and/or names, so the one named with Japanese words doesn't really fit, and neither does the one that's derived from a previous pokemon name. just something to think about

Shinobitrainer

Super Ninja Trainer
    Years
  • Well perhaps we want to go a slightly different route with these ones. And after all, like you said these Pokemon are named this way for the US versions. So if you think about it, if Pokemon from Japan are moved to America and renamed using English words, shouldn't there be US Pokemon that are named for Japanese words? It makes sense!

Years
  • Well perhaps we want to go a slightly different route with these ones. And after all, like you said these Pokemon are named this way for the US versions. So if you think about it, if Pokemon from Japan are moved to America and renamed using English words, shouldn't there be US Pokemon that are named for Japanese words? It makes sense!

Erm, I don't think so. If you're going that route why don't you give them ALL Japanese names? Besides, you're confusing the reasoning behind their names. It makes sense to give them English names because they're for English players, not b/c they're moved to America. The games still take place in the pokemon version of Japan, you know. Besides, these aren't US pokemon, or else your region would be called "USA" and they're not getting moved anywhere, since your audience is English-speaking for the most part. Changing the pokemon naming system would be like arbitrarily deciding to change the way real species are named; it just doesn't make sense to. Eh, w/e. I didn't mean to turn this into a debate or anything. I just thought that a fangame should be consistent w/ the original which is why I said anything. *shrug* Forget my comments.

Shinobitrainer

Super Ninja Trainer
    Years
  • Sorry for the double post, but I decided to post some new Pokemon moves here.

Gush Bomb—(Water) A high-impact attack in which the user hurls a ball of compressed water into the opponent. May cause flinching. Power: 80 Accuracy: 85 (Physical) PP: 15

Lightning Shard—(Electric) The opponent is hit with several small sparks of electricity that hit 2-5 times. Power: 15 Accuracy: 75 (Special) PP: 10

Flitter—(Bug) Raises the evasiveness of Bug-types by disorienting the foe with several nearly un-seeable movements in the air. (Status) PP: 20

Buzz Cut—(Bug) The opponent is distracted with a droning hum, then is hit with a slashing appendage attack guaranteed to hit. Power: 70 (Physical) PP: 20

Power Lift—(Fighting) The opponent is lifted into the air in the first turn and dropped on the second, rendering it unable to attack for the one turn in which it's in the air. Power: 75 Accuracy: 75 PP: 10

Compulsion—(Psychic) A move that always strikes first. The user chooses which move the opponent will use this turn. Is more likely to fail if used in succession. (Status) PP: 5

Last edited:

StrawyBlood

*Learning english*
    Years
  • I think its a good storyline :P
    i would recommend to use the RPG maker XP, im using it and im okay!
    if you cant pay it, so get the cracked or full version in the internet,
    i get the full version from the internet cause the XP isnt in sale where i live......º_-'

Last edited:
    Years
  • Extremely sorry for the long absense, but i've been having computer problems trying to put in a new Wireless Router, along with various personal problems that have made my computer access minimal. I'm afraid i won't be able to upload the pokemon pics to this site. :-/ Many apologies. Since you already have another artist whose computer is probably cooperating you can use my ideas if you want.

Shinobitrainer

Super Ninja Trainer
    Years
  • Thanks for the help, both of you. It's kind of disenheartening when you don't get ANY posts for a while--I know you couldn't avoid it, Lynn, but it's still kind of frustrating. Anyway, we shall do our best to make more!

Back