• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverexorcist

Individualism in Normalcy!
Years
I was honestly surprised when they announced Black 2 and White 2. I, along with many others, expected a third generation remake, as we had precedent from the kanto and johto remakes. I was looking forward to them more than I would like to admit >.< But c'est la vie, it is what it is. We can at least expect that the remakes will come sometime in the fifth generation.

I don't have an awful imagination, I'm just getting sick of the new pokemon, new region, new starters thingo they do every new gen. It's honestly getting repetitive.

I'd love for them to focus more on the story. They did it extremely well in b/w, especially when continuing it in another game. I'd love to see more continuations in stories, rather than whole new generations of Pokemon every 4 years. We have plenty now that just seem very under utilized every gen, and will continue to be even moreso once new Pokemon are introduced.

I agree with you that having new pokemon can sometimes be tedious since they do it so often. Especially by this point, with well over 500 pokemon species, for someone just getting into the game, it might be a bit cumbersome to remember all the names, appearances, types, abilities, and so on.

But at the same time, that's what keeps the game interesting. Like in real life, there is an infite amount of animals and we keep discovering more. The idea is that each region is completely unique and different from the previous one. The 'new starter pokemon' thing may be a bit repetetive, but it is tradition. There might not be any particular reason in creating new regions in another generation if there aren't any new pokemon to introduce. I suppose what I'm saying is, each region is identified with the generation of new pokemon that they have. That's why through the initial play through of FR, LG, HG, and SS, you couldn't catch pokemon outside of that region's regional pokedex, and none at all from the games introduced in the same generation that succeed the original games the remakes were created based off of.

So if they lengthened the time between the new generations, that would be fine with me. I'm not the least bit impatient for a new one, even if we know they're coming.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Exactly, if every game had following in it, it wouldn't be unique. The difference with these sprite animations is that they are far more advanced, unlike the limited animation we've seen before. Sort of like how B/W introduced the fully animated Pokemon, B2W2 fully animated (well, until they send out a Pokemon) trainers.

But the point again is that just because following and Gym Leader rematches specifically aren't there, doesn't mean this Generation has another installment coming just to include those features again.

Again, I don't see the importance of facing the Gym Leaders again with all the extra characters we can battle now. In HG/SS, there were no special NPC's other than Red and your Rival on certain days to face again. B/W changed this.

Gym Leader rematches ARE in B2/W2, but limited. R/S remakes can easily have better rematches, like HG/SS have better than Platinum. They reintroduced rematches in B2/W2 and probably going to make them better in R/S remakes.
Gen 5 didn't change much. Battle Subway = Battle Tower from previous gens, the same like World Tournament = Battle Frontier. R/S remakes would do even better than HG/SS because they would have their own Battle Frontier, not copied from from previous game like HG/SS.

I meant FULL compatibility, like how HG/SS was fully compatible with D/P/Pt. No games designed for different systems have been fully compatible before. And the Dream Radar's compatibility isn't what I was talking about, I meant only the main series games. I doubt a DS designed game would fully work with one designed for the 3DS. We could probably use PokeTransfer like from Gen 3 to Gen 4 and Gen 4 to Gen 5, but battles and such would probably be out.

Main Pokemon games designed for different systems were never fully compatible before because they were always for different generations. This pattern could be broken in gen 5 (like many other patterns) because DS and 3DS can easily connect with each other. This pattern is actually broken already because you can use 3DS Dream Radar to get new Pokemon for B2/W2 which are DS games.

Gen 5 has broken a lot of trends, but every February except for the Victini movie has been "reveal the star" month, but only Victini and Zekrom were confirmed at first. February revealed Reshiram would also be in the movie, and that 2 movies would happen, not just 1. Victini was not the "star" of the movie, both Reshiram and Zekrom were equally important to those movies, like Mew and Mewtwo shared the spotlight. So that was very different from any other February announcement, but it was still something new and something we didn't know about from the December announcement.

But still, next gen Pokemon never have been stars until all current gen Pokemon had their movies. Now it's more likely that Genesect movie will be associated with R/S remakes rather than with gen 6.
We can't really discuss this now because we must see December poster first. It's possible that Gensesct will start being distributed now without proper reveal (for the purpose of Pokedex 3D Pro, it will have Genesect's data) and have full reveal in February/March. For example Deoxys was obvious to be on December 2003 poster, but still, it was fully revealed later in March 2004. Check this poster: http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/05/Japanese_M07_teaser_poster.png

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
I can answer that question with one word: Money. Even if the remakes are an exact copy of Ruby/Sapphire with updated graphics, people will still buy them. Luckily Game Freak are smart enough to at least include a fair few changes in the gameplay, as they did with HG/SS.

If you consider that they have to make Hoenn tilesets and map every single place again etc... its not THAT big difference in the amount of work, while the money they would make would surely be higher with the adverts saying "a new completely new adventure in Hoenn. Rediscover and stuff!"

If they used that setting and took yet another step forward, by introducing say 50 more pokes, and then justifiying a jump to 3DS without the usual main games.

It would work nostalgia and as a new game at the same time.
Id love it :E

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
I honestly think Gen V will last awhile, and there'll be a few more games for both the 3DS and DS, including the inevitable R/S remakes.

With them releasing all of the event Pokemon in the same year, I doubt it will go on much longer. We'll see a few spinoffs for sure, but with them skipping a movie for Meloetta and showing Genesect already seems to suggest that Gen 5 is almost over. (Gen 1 and 2 only lasted 3 years. By next September, it will be 3 years for Gen 5.)

I wouldn't call RSE remakes "inevitable" seeing as how the original GBA versions can still be played on the same system that B2W2 were designed to be played on.

I just don't see what else they could do, new Pokemon wise at least.

People have said this for at least 10 years. People thought Gen 3 was the end. It wasn't. Then people were SURE Gen 4 was the end. It wasn't. If the current people at Game Freak actually do run out of ideas, they'll just hire new folks with new ideas. Standard business. New Pokemon WILL come unless they decide to just stop, but with Pokemon still extremely popular and making more money with every new Gen, they won't be stopping anytime soon.

I agree with you that having new pokemon can sometimes be tedious since they do it so often.

Red and Green - 1996
Silver and Gold - 1999 (3 years later)
Ruby and Sapphire - 2002 (3 years later)
Diamond and Pearl - 2006 (4 years later)
Black and White - 2010 (4 years later)

3 or 4 years is not "often". That's just enough time for everyone to learn and get use to all the Pokemon introduced.

Especially by this point, with well over 500 pokemon species, for someone just getting into the game, it might be a bit cumbersome to remember all the names, appearances, types, abilities, and so on.

It is not required that you know everything about every Pokemon to play the games. Game Freak kept all of the previous 493 Pokemon out of Black and White to allow newer players an equal chance of winning battles against older players.

So if they lengthened the time between the new generations, that would be fine with me. I'm not the least bit impatient for a new one, even if we know they're coming.

They have to release more Pokemon every so often to keep the series fresh. The longer they use the same Pokemon, the greater the chances people with lose interest in the series.

Gen 5 didn't change much. Battle Subway = Battle Tower from previous gens, the same like World Tournament = Battle Frontier. R/S remakes would do even better than HG/SS because they would have their own Battle Frontier, not copied from from previous game like HG/SS.

Yes it did. Gen 4's only rematches outside of the rival and Elite 4 were the Gym Leaders, not counting the random NPCs that call you. Gen 5 allows us to rematch several important and major characters, and even more of them in B2W2. You're basically saying it will be back because it wasn't in B2W2.

Main Pokemon games designed for different systems were never fully compatible before because they were always for different generations. This pattern could be broken in gen 5 (like many other patterns) because DS and 3DS can easily connect with each other. This pattern is actually broken already because you can use 3DS Dream Radar to get new Pokemon for B2/W2 which are DS games.

Can you have a battle on the Dream Radar? No. That's not the form of compatibility I was talking about. You can't play 3DS games on a DS, DSi, or DSLite, so games programmed for those different systems probably won't allow for battles or simple trades to happen between the DS and 3DS. You'd probably only be able to transfer your Pokemon one-way, not trade.

But still, next gen Pokemon never have been stars until all current gen Pokemon had their movies. Now it's more likely that Genesect movie will be associated with R/S remakes rather than with gen 6.

And still, every February reveals something new. Genesect should have been saved for this if they were planning for it to be the big reveal, like Arceus was revealed the same year HG/SS came out. If they release Genesect for the Complete Pokedex Guide and Pokedex 3D Pro for distribution (like Victini), it won't be the reveal in February, like Victini wasn't. And an old Pokemon would not be the reveal in February, they've NEVER done that.

We can't really discuss this now because we must see December poster first. It's possible that Gensesct will start being distributed now without proper reveal (for the purpose of Pokedex 3D Pro, it will have Genesect's data) and have full reveal in February/March. For example Deoxys was obvious to be on December 2003 poster, but still, it was fully revealed later in March 2004. Check this poster: http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/05/Japanese_M07_teaser_poster.png

Victini was officially revealed for the distribution. Same is likely to happen for Genesect if plans are to distribute it soon. They'll HAVE to reveal it if they will distribute it. Deoxys was not distributed before it's movie, nor any other event Pokemon besides Victini, which as I said, was revealed so they could distribute it.

As for that Deoxys poster, before February 2004, Deoxys was still a secret Pokemon, known only to those who spoiled themselves by researching on the internet. It was not recognized as an official Pokemon until Feb '04. The first Deoxys event would not come until that June, right before the Deoxys movie.

Yes, no movie has starred a new Gen Pokemon without showing all event Pokemon, but Gen 3 and 4 also had remakes which had to be advertised, which is why Mew, Kyogre, Celebi, the Johto beasts, and Spiky eared Pichu were in the movies. If no remakes are coming, we'll see a Gen 6 Pokemon. Any Pokemon that served as promotion for the remakes was revealed in December (Celebi, Pichu), not February.

If you don't believe Gen 5 is ending next year, why do you think they are revealing all the event Pokemon so close together? Going on past trends with events, it should go like this:
2012 - Keldeo movie
2013 - Meloetta movie
2014 - Genesect movie
2015 - First Gen 6/Gen 3 remake movie

This clearly won't happen, so how exactly do you see things happening?

If you consider that they have to make Hoenn tilesets and map every single place again etc... its not THAT big difference in the amount of work, while the money they would make would surely be higher with the adverts saying "a new completely new adventure in Hoenn. Rediscover and stuff!"

If they used that setting and took yet another step forward, by introducing say 50 more pokes, and then justifiying a jump to 3DS without the usual main games.

It would work nostalgia and as a new game at the same time.
Id love it :E

If they did this, the Hoenn Legendary Pokemon would be the stars, not the new Pokemon. Each region's Legendary Pokemon are assoicated with their original roles in their home regions. (Black and White Pokedex refer to Dialga and Palkia specifically as "Legendary Pokemon of Sinnoh".)

Plus, REMAKES would be just that: remakes. FRLG and HGSS were at their core, the same games as the originals. I see little reason for them to only make a handful of Pokemon just to revisit an old region where old Pokemon will outshine them in the end.

If they use Hoenn again, it needs to be in remakes, regardless of whether it's only Emerald, Ruby and Sapphire, or even all three. If not, they should go straight to Gen 6.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Can you have a battle on the Dream Radar? No. That's not the form of compatibility I was talking about. You can't play 3DS games on a DS, DSi, or DSLite, so games programmed for those different systems probably won't allow for battles or simple trades to happen between the DS and 3DS. You'd probably only be able to transfer your Pokemon one-way, not trade.

Yes, gen 5 games can battle with 3DS because they are DSi enhanced - they use WPA type of connection, the same like 3DS. So R/S remakes for 3DS would be battle-compatibile with gen 5. To make it look even better gen 4 games aren't battle-compatible with 3DS, so generation separation would be saved. Gen 5 is probably the first generation ever possible to be split between two consoles without any connection problems.

Yes it did. Gen 4's only rematches outside of the rival and Elite 4 were the Gym Leaders, not counting the random NPCs that call you. Gen 5 allows us to rematch several important and major characters, and even more of them in B2W2. You're basically saying it will be back because it wasn't in B2W2.

Rematch major characters like who? B/W lacked of important rematches tbh. B2/W2 is not much better because important characters are chosen randomly and use only 3 Pokemon. R/S remakes should have the best rematches of them all. Also like I said before, gen 5 battle facilities are exactly the same like in previous generations, so nothing in gen 5 is much different.

If you don't believe Gen 5 is ending next year, why do you think they are revealing all the event Pokemon so close together? Going on past trends with events, it should go like this:
2012 - Keldeo movie
2013 - Meloetta movie
2014 - Genesect movie
2015 - First Gen 6/Gen 3 remake movie

This clearly won't happen, so how exactly do you see things happening?

2012 - Keldeo/Meloetta movies, 2013 - Genesect movie, 2014 - next gen movie.
Meloetta broke the pattern of being event Pokemon and not having full movie, so Genesect could broke the patter of February reveal. It's possible because it's the first time there is something like Pokedex 3D Pro, so that could be reason of early Genesect reveal. Maybe they will just show some other Pokemon featured in movie on December poster and Genesect on February/March poster.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well remember they revealed Arceus before HgSs were announced so it wouldn't be strange if they the same with Genesect. Who knows perhaps there might even be a Genesect event in the remakes like Deoxys in Kanto (Sevii islands), Arceus activated an event in HgSs. Perhaps Plasma hid it away in that region so that it may not be found...

We should wait until february to get a clear picture on what lies ahead.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
Well remember they revealed Arceus before HgSs were announced so it wouldn't be strange if they the same with Genesect. Who knows perhaps there might even be a Genesect event in the remakes like Deoxys in Kanto (Sevii islands), Arceus activated an event in HgSs. Perhaps Plasma hid it away in that region so that it may not be found...

We should wait until february to get a clear picture on what lies ahead.
Or December to see if a 3rd gen Pokemon has a connection with the next movie.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Perhaps in Genesect movie Kyogre and Groudon will play important role associating with R/S remakes. None of the gen 3 mascots was featured in Japanese movie title so far, so they finally might be featured. Maybe there will be even dual movie again, one with Kyogre and one with Groudon. That water/magma cave from B2/W2 could have something to do with all of this.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Perhaps in Genesect movie Kyogre and Groudon will play important role associating with R/S remakes. None of the gen 3 mascots was featured in Japanese movie title so far, so they finally might be featured. Maybe there will be even dual movie again, one with Kyogre and one with Groudon. That water/magma cave from B2/W2 could have something to do with all of this.

Kyogre was in the Manaphy movie, and Groudon was involved in the entire plot of the Jirachi movie. Though it wasn't literally a Groudon, that monster definitely had Groudon's likeness. And a real Groudon was seen briefly at the beginning of the movie when we learn that Butler (wasn't that his name?) was kicked out of Team Magma. So they've had their movie appearances, not to mention their battle in the series, so it isn't like they've never appeared.

And I HIGHLY doubt it will be another dual movie. The reason they did that for Reshiram and Zekrom was because of the truth vs. ideals theme Gen 5 has, where neither side is necessarily wrong. It also reflected the game, where in one game, N gets Reshiram and the other he gets Zekrom. There's no reason for Kyogre and Groudon to get that treatment. There's also no evidence of those caves in B2W2 having any significant purpose other than housing a few Pokemon. It was proven Groudon and Kyogre aren't in them.

What will be a key factor is when they decide to reveal Genesect. It's July 2012, if they reveal it soon, it won't be the February announcement. That Deoxys poster was revealed in December, but it was basically a silouette. Deoxys's full image was not revealed until February or early March. We only knew it was Deoxys because of hackers finding it in the coding, just like we know about Genesect now.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
What will be a key factor is when they decide to reveal Genesect. It's July 2012, if they reveal it soon, it won't be the February announcement. That Deoxys poster was revealed in December, but it was basically a silouette. Deoxys's full image was not revealed until February or early March. We only knew it was Deoxys because of hackers finding it in the coding, just like we know about Genesect now.

It's also possible there might be ancient form of Genesect for R/S remakes, going to be revealed in February. There might be device to switch between ancient and modified form. That ancient form could have similar status like Mew in gen 1 - appearing in movie, but not always in game guides, like that ancient form probably won't be in Pokedex 3D Pro.

Speaking of devices in R/S remakes - in R/S/E there are two devices in Devon Corp which aren't completed yet. One device is meant to make visualizations of Pokemon dreams - it could be used for Dream World. Another one is meant to talk with Pokemon - I think it could be used with following Pokemon feature, making it much better than in HG/SS, being able to know what exactly Pokemon is saying.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
There is no ancient genesect. All team plasma did was slap a cannon on its back. Creating a new forme of genesect without a cannon on its back is more pointless than keldeo's new form.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
There is no ancient genesect. All team plasma did was slap a cannon on its back. Creating a new forme of genesect without a cannon on its back is more pointless than keldeo's new form.

It's stated in Pokedex that it was strong bug and later it got modified by Plasma, so ancient form could be introduced in remakes.

Years
The armor might also be Plasma's but who knows.
I don't really think Genesect will have a new forme in the remakes...if it did B2W2 would proably have some code or something. But I can't say that for sure as I haven't looked at the codes or know anything about that sort of thing.

Anyways if there is no be a significant Pokemon in the movie it'll proably be either the electric rabbits or the Hoenn starters. The Rabbits because they are pika clone and they also appeared in Rayquaza's movie the last Hoenn theme movie.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
There has to be a serious star in the movie and its not gonna be Genesect. This is very simple and obvious.

Meaning remakes dont fit from yet another viewpoint, besides the games having to go 3DS next which sure as heck won't be through remakes.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
A 6th gen Pokemon won't be a main star in the next movie. If one was then the birds would also be in from what I see.

Lucario fought the Regis
Zoroark fought the beasts
6th gen star will most likely fight the birds.

The next movie is genesect's time to shine not an entirely new Pokemon.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
A 6th gen Pokemon won't be a main star in the next movie. If one was then the birds would also be in from what I see.

Lucario fought the Regis

....but Genesect will be revealed way too soon to play the main role.

Years

Lucario fought the Regis

Or the Lake trio...
Lugia fought the Bird trio before so if any it might be the Lake trio or maybe even the Kami trio as those two trio's haven't been in a movie yet.

How is it obvious it won't be Genesect though and how does that disprove or really prove remakes?

Ontopic: I'm hoping they add White Forest and Black City into the remakes. White for Kyogre, and Black for Groudon so that way there will be more compability. Also speaking of those two they will have to upgrade the Pokenav with all the new features if the remakes are to include all the high link, dream world features as B2W2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back