• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Error 13 type mismatch

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2022
    Going through a tutorial to get into the basics of Rom Hacking, according to what I watched, this code should work, but I"m getting an Error 13 Type mismatch at line 6, aka where the LASTRESULT is. Can someone help explain what I messed up? Thanks!

#dynamic 0x800000
    #org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox @t1 0x5
    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
    if 0x1 goto @yes
    msgbox @t2 0x6
    release
    end

#org @yes
    msgbox @t3 0x6
    release
    end

#org @t3
    =[blue_fr]You're right!\nIt IS!

#org @t2
    =[green_fr]Well, it actually is.

#org @t1
    =[red_fr]Do you think the script is\nworking?

SIlverstanfan04

A Pokenerd like no other
    Years
    • He/They
    • UK
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    try re-typing the command, this SHOULD work but maybe XSE is being nitpicky about something for no reason? I've had an instance where it refuses to compile till I re-wrote that code. I hope this helps!

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2022
    try re-typing the command, this SHOULD work but maybe XSE is being nitpicky about something for no reason? I've had an instance where it refuses to compile till I re-wrote that code. I hope this helps!

I tried retyping, i tried deleting the whole line and retyping it, still giving me the same error code, Debug isn't helping either just saying type mismatch

SIlverstanfan04

A Pokenerd like no other
    Years
    • He/They
    • UK
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    I tried retyping, i tried deleting the whole line and retyping it, still giving me the same error code, Debug isn't helping either just saying type mismatch

That is VERY unusual as scripts I've created which use that exact sequence of commands work perfectly. If this method won't work you'll have to change the msg type to 0x6/0x2 and use the yes/no multichoice box which will remove the text box after the player advances the script. good luck on fixing the issue!

Years
    • Seen today
    Going through a tutorial to get into the basics of Rom Hacking, according to what I watched, this code should work, but I"m getting an Error 13 Type mismatch at line 6, aka where the LASTRESULT is. Can someone help explain what I messed up? Thanks!

#dynamic 0x800000
    #org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox @t1 0x5
    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
    if 0x1 goto @yes
    msgbox @t2 0x6
    release
    end

#org @yes
    msgbox @t3 0x6
    release
    end

#org @t3
    =[blue_fr]You're right!\nIt IS!

#org @t2
    =[green_fr]Well, it actually is.

#org @t1
    =[red_fr]Do you think the script is\nworking?

The issue might be that the XSE version you're using doesn't support LASTRESULT, try replacing it with 0x800D.

Back