• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Movement issues

Years
  • I am trying to make a script that involves the player's mother giving him the running shoes. That script involves movements.

Script:
    Spoiler:

The script freezes on the spot. I was reading diegoisawesome's XSE tutorial, and it said how to fix the freezing, but instead of doing so with text, it did so with dead links to images, preventing me from finding an answer there, so I ask here.

Bladecraft

It's written "Bladecraft" on my forehead.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2020
    I am trying to make a script that involves the player's mother giving him the running shoes. That script involves movements.

Script:
    Spoiler:

The script freezes on the spot. I was reading diegoisawesome's XSE tutorial, and it said how to fix the freezing, but instead of doing so with text, it did so with dead links to images, preventing me from finding an answer there, so I ask here.

There's no way you have an applymovement 0x0
    Look at the provided picture.

Movement issues

Also: I do not know if you are hacking Emerald or Fire Red, I don't know what 'special 0x171' does, but it doesn't look like your script will give the player the running shoes.
    setflag 0x8C0 will give the player running shoes in Emerald.
    setflag 0x82F (taken from a tutorial on YouTube, might be wrong) will give the player running shoes in Fire Red.

I also suggest using a Fanfare, 0x13E might work for you, maybe 0x171 too, a msgbox for obtaining the running shoes, and a 'waitfanfare' command afterwards.

Years
  • There's no way you have an applymovement 0x0
    Look at the provided picture.

Movement issues

Also: I do not know if you are hacking Emerald or Fire Red, I don't know what 'special 0x171' does, but it doesn't look like your script will give the player the running shoes.
    setflag 0x8C0 will give the player running shoes in Emerald.
    setflag 0x82F (taken from a tutorial on YouTube, might be wrong) will give the player running shoes in Fire Red.

I also suggest using a Fanfare, 0x13E might work for you, maybe 0x171 too, a msgbox for obtaining the running shoes, and a 'waitfanfare' command afterwards.

I just added those changes to the script, but it still makes the game freeze. How can I fix this?

Bladecraft

It's written "Bladecraft" on my forehead.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2020
    I just added those changes to the script, but it still makes the game freeze. How can I fix this?

I'll again, assume you're talking about a s tile script.
    For a tile script to work you need to give it a var and a var number (value). Find safe to use vars in your rom and put them on the script tile in a-map.

Also, I literally answered this for someone else yesterday. And I haven't had to search for this when I was getting started. I might be sounding like a @#$% but it's seriously for everyone's good, please do your research before asking questions.

Back