• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mega Pokemon from a competitive standpoint

Years
  • Mega evolution is an epic feature, we all know. I was wondering what Mega Pokemon to use in an Ubers Competitive team, but I kinda want something a little different to the generic "Get a Salamence" or "get a Mewtwo"

I test mega teams on Showdown, but I am still not the best at team building and I wanted some advice

Can anyone give me some on the lesser used Mega Pokemon with Ubers strategies?
    Thanks

Years
  • I did actually try that, the hex gengar, but when I ask for strats on less common megas, I mean like UU tier and even RUBL and NU tier Megas (although I think any mega can make it at least in UU)

I have discovered that M Slowbro has an ubers strat and that Steelix M can be used in OU effectively.

I was wondering if anyone has developed a viable strat for a mega like abomasnow in OU or something like M houndoom in OU?

That sort of thing

Years
  • Isn't mega gengar primarily used as a destiny bond trapper? While it can hit fairies, psychics, and ghost types hard it is still vulnerable and it's defenses are trash. So you're better off running more shenanigans with m gengar than a special sweeping set

Last edited:
    Back