• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex✓] Day and Night system influence battles?

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    With the possibility of implementing the Day & Night system on Fire Red, does anyone thought on making some moves like Solarbeam unable to use at night and moves like Moonlight/Moonblast at day? It's really weird when I see "Venusaur took in sunlight." at night, where the hell is the sun it's taking sunlight?

Last edited:

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • With the possibility of implementing the Day & Night system on Fire Red, does anyone thought on making some moves like Solarbeam unable to use at night and moves like Moonlight/Moonblast at day? It's really weird when I see "Venusaur took in sunlight." at night, where the hell is the sun it's taking sunlight?
    u can edit its battle script to check the d/n hour byte and then have it jump off depending on if it's a range of byte values or not

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    With the possibility of implementing the Day & Night system on Fire Red, does anyone thought on making some moves like Solarbeam unable to use at night and moves like Moonlight/Moonblast at day? It's really weird when I see "Venusaur took in sunlight." at night, where the hell is the sun it's taking sunlight?

Well , Technically , The Moonlight Is A Reflected Sunlight

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    Well , Technically , The Moonlight Is A Reflected Sunlight

But I will use what it is, not what it technically is, looking by this point the move Moonlight don't need to exist, then it doesn't matter. Find an episode with some Pokémon using Sun related moves at Night or Moon related moves at Day then I will give up on doing it. (Really, tell me if you find, because I'm not a Pokémon fan, then I never watched nothing after Diamond/Pearl, but I will only consider if it is on the original Anime.)

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    But I will use what it is, not what it technically is, looking by this point the move Moonlight don't need to exist, then it doesn't matter. Find an episode with some Pok?mon using Sun related moves at Night or Moon related moves at Day then I will give up on doing it. (Really, tell me if you find, because I'm not a Pok?mon fan, then I never watched nothing after Diamond/Pearl, but I will only consider if it is on the original Anime.)

Moonlight's Japanese name has nothing to do with it's english name

Back