• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Online Battling with DS

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    Do you think Nintendo made the ds online battles FC restricted because they knew that people would only buy PBR because of the random battling? Or do you think theres actually a good reason?

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • They did it because they don't want pedophilic predators voice chatting with kids.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    Im pretty sure thats why they added the voice chat "turn off" feature >.<

Ichida

Years
  • There's no way of knowing who you're chatting with until it's too late to turn it off without turning off the DS entirely. Plus, young kids are too trusting for their own good.

Ichida

Years
  • PBR has the random challenger feature anyways, so there's no longer a reason to hunt down n00bs' friend codes.

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
    Years
  • There's no way of knowing who you're chatting with until it's too late to turn it off without turning off the DS entirely. Plus, young kids are too trusting for their own good.

If you don't mind I am a little Kid. I may only be little but I'm still a pretty good player.

Ichida

Years
  • I'm speaking in general; that should have been assumed. And it has nothing to do with how good of a player you claim you are.

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    Ichida's reason for it, is what they want us to believe. I think jirachi3 has a good point, it's of course for the profit! Somebody call Michael Moore!

Ichida

Years
  • What does needing friend codes to battle have to do with profits? <.<;

Ichida

Years
  • I would have bought PBR with or without it. Glad they did though.

Back