• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Design a spinoff

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
  • From what I've been able to tell, most of the spinoff games have fairly simple concepts and generally tend to be based on a single mechanic, which makes them fairly easy to come up with and create in a short period of time while still leaving most of them elaborate enough to be interesting to the player.

Given that, are there any game types you'd like to see that wouldn't ever fit into the Main Series? For example, a visual novel, or a first-person adventure game. I'd really like to see the latter especially, since first-person games are kinda my thing.

I've always liked the idea of a game that was similar to Main Series, but you were exploring a region that had just been discovered. There would be very few trainers, and your role would be to explore the landmass, use HMs or some equivalent to tame the environment, and establish colonies and eventually permanent settlements. It kinda sounds like Sid Meier's Civilization now, but it didn't in my head lol.

SoaPuffball

Dat one guy who loves Diancie even though he is a
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2017
    I need another version of Poképark for Wii U.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • A stealth game where, while a group of trainers fights an evil team, you need to infiltrate the evil team's bases to discover their plans and the means to stop them. Why infiltrate? Because you don't have a Pokémon and are therefore defenseless. Why don't you have a Pokémon? Because you're Looker.

Yeah, I really think Looker needs a spinoff. Seriously, TPCi, you make a game about a detective and you choose a Pikachu as the main character?

Back