• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Creating New Evolution Stones?

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2014
    Hello, I've run into a problem when creating a new evolution stone I called the "Frost Stone." I took all the settings from the Fire Stone and used them to make it a new item. The only difference between the Fire Stone and my Frost Stone is their names. However, when I test them in my game, the Fire Stone is able to be used, given, and tossed; the Frost Stone can only be given and tossed. Am I missing something? Or is this a bug?
    C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
    Years
  • make you have edited the "Pokemon" file , to make sure the pokemon is able to receive it.
    Also go to "PokemonItems" and edit line 73-84 with your new Stone.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2014
    Thanks, I hadn't edited the PokemonItems script by adding my stone. Thank you for the help!

Years
  • Hi, I'm sorry to reopen this thread, but, I created an item to work as a stone, and when I'm playing, it doesn't give me the option to use it, it only allows me to give it or throw it away. Also, if I select the option of using an item from the Pokemon itself, it tells me that the stone doesn't work with the Pokemon. I've added the item to the items.txt and to the PokemonItems. Am I doing something wrong?

Years
  • does your item.txt it look like this?
    ###,EVOSTONE,Evo Stone,Evo Stones,1,2100,"Description.",1,0,0,

in the script editor under PBItem_ItemEffects you should have something like this.
    Code:
    #===============================================================================
    # UseOnPokemon handlers
    #===============================================================================

ItemHandlers::UseOnPokemon.add(:FIRESTONE,proc{|item,pokemon,scene,chose|
       if (pokemon.isShadow? rescue false)
         scene.pbDisplay(_INTL("It won't have any effect."))
         next false
       end
       newspecies=pbCheckEvolution(pokemon,item)
       if newspecies<=0
         scene.pbDisplay(_INTL("It won't have any effect."))
         next false
       else
         pbFadeOutInWithMusic(99999){
            evo=PokemonEvolutionScene.new
            evo.pbStartScreen(pokemon,newspecies)
            evo.pbEvolution(false)
            evo.pbEndScreen
            scene.pbRefreshAnnotations(proc{|p| pbCheckEvolution(p,item)>0 })
            scene.pbRefresh
         }
         next true
       end
    })

ItemHandlers::UseOnPokemon.copy(:FIRESTONE,
       :THUNDERSTONE,:WATERSTONE,:LEAFSTONE,:MOONSTONE,
       :SUNSTONE,:DUSKSTONE,:DAWNSTONE,:SHINYSTONE,:[B]EVOSTONE[/B])
    and in pokemon.txt the evolution should be set up as such.
    Evolutions=Pokemon,Item,EVOSTONE

to my knowledge the last thing you should need is the icon for the stone and that should be it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Sorry to drag this out of the mud ... but when I use the example GT-Baka posted, I get an error message telling me "Wrong number of arguments (3 for 4)". I have no clue what I am doing wrong here.
    Can anyone help me?

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Sorry to drag this out of the mud ... but when I use the example GT-Baka posted, I get an error message telling me "Wrong number of arguments (3 for 4)". I have no clue what I am doing wrong here.
    Can anyone help me?

'3 for 4' here perhaps:
    Code:
    ItemHandlers::UseOnPokemon.add(:FIRESTONE,proc{|[B]item,pokemon,scene,chose|[/B]

Try to remove ',chose'.

Back