• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Moonlit Graveyard Painting I Made :D

TheBatPrince

Banned
Years
Heya all!

I'm actually pretty new to Painting! Other than basic Finger Painting in Grade 3 and stuff, and tons of not really "professional" drawings at home with my Brother and stuff, I've never really been that great!

However, I just applied my Digital Knowledge from the old days of drawing Dragon Ball Z pics in Adobe Photoshop! It strangely translates over well; like fading Teal in between a Blue & Green to make a smooth transition, or like Magenta between Purple and Fuschia, (a neat riddle: to try fading Green to Red WITHOUT making a mucky Brown, Grey, or Hazel! :P) so on so forth :D.

3_zpshrjbsu5k.jpg

Note the little Castle in the Background! With the little Lamp Post :P.

What do ya all think?

P.S. I never got around to drawing the writing on the Tombstones, or shading them with Pencil Crayon like I wanted. And because I already drew a type of shadowey Ghost figure in it, I kind of messed it up now. I wasn't happy with how that Character came out, but oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Oooh! This is very interesting! I think you caught the atmosphere of a graveyard very well, and your color choices lend to that fantastically! Are you planning on doing more paintings in the future?

You can blend green to red using yellow! <3

TheBatPrince

Banned
Years
Oooh! This is very interesting! I think you caught the atmosphere of a graveyard very well, and your color choices lend to that fantastically! Are you planning on doing more paintings in the future?

You can blend green to red using yellow! <3

Thank you!!!! :D

Yes, usually the atmosphere I like is those types of Hooting yellow eyed owls, that scurry off when the camera appears, or like a type of Wombat pointy eared cackling thing that's peeking out of a Sewer Pothole in the Street, and then the shattering light bulb with a cat going REEEEAINNOWW!!!!!! :P That's sort of what inspired the Castle and Lamp Post and stuff.

Yes, I'm always planning. Like Dr. Connors says in Spiderman 2 sadly...."Planning is not a major at this university". I just can't get up and do the darn things I want to do. But specifically, I want to make a Comic Series that sort of blends Kung Fu with Sorcery and lots of heavy Mythology. But dressed in a type of Yellow Light City from a Cliff with a Lycan staring off into the distance! It's part of a Movie Franchise I want, of 7 Movies each at 4 hours long! 7 Video Games, 7 Novels, and lots of cool Toys, Cards, Pogs and stuff. As to if I'd PAINT it, I don't know. Come to think of it, that could be cool. Each page done with Paint, Pastel, Crayon, Pencil Crayon, Pencil, Marker, and Digital Colour!

And sadly, that is not the correct answer :P. It's a type of Melon pinkish green. Other neat ones are if I take Red Blue Yellow and interchange them, I get Orange Green Purple. If I add the 1st set with the 2nd, I get BluePurple (Violet), RedPurple (Magenta), YellowOrange (Marigold), RedOrange (Papaya?), BlueGreen (Teal), YellowGreen (Lime). However the 3 that everyone misses out of those 12, is always Red + Green, Purple + Yellow, Blue + Orange!

Basically BlueOrange makes a type of Salmoney Pink that has that flaring hot tone of Orange to it, but enough of a dose of blue to give it that flush Purpley look. You've seen it at Sunset! It's that colour that merges with Blue Purple Orange Pink. And the PurpleYellow mix makes a type of babyish looking Yellow, that has like a pinkish look! However if mixed right, should make a nice flaming tone to the Yellow that burns of like a more cold-toned Copper! Brilliant colour for Lightning.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Oooohhh I see what you're saying. I thought you meant like, the best way to transition from red to green without mixing them. I get it now, haha. ^^;;

Back