• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PBS Question] Help to make evil team grunts

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2020
    I want to have an evil team, I have the sprites ready and everything. There is one thing I don't know how to do. How can I define a trainer that is for example a grunt type to have different pokemon every time. For example it will Say Team Infinity grunt sent out raticate and for another grunt it will say something different.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2020
    You have to define the trainer type "evil grunt" in the trainertypes.pbs file then open the trainers.pbs file and define one by one other trainers which have the type "evil grunt" and give them a different name each time.
    If you want to use multiple times the same name you can also add a number after the name (default is 0), then when you create the event of trainer battle you have to add this number in the end. This is useful if you want a character fight you multiple times and be stronger each time (he can also have his pokemon evolved or have a totally different team as you want, this is the method used for rivals so check the rival in trainers.pbs to understand how it works). note that you can replace this number in the event by "pbGet($)" where $ is the number of a variable so it will adapt the level to the number your variable was given. It's a way of doing sort of an open world and let the player choose what quest to do first. when a quest if done you add 1 to the variable so when the player meets this trainer the second time he will be stronger whatever quest was done first.

Hope that's what you needed :)

Last edited:
    Back