• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Custom Ability Help

Years
Hello Forums

I have been experimenting with coding new abilities for Pokemon essentials (intended for a fan game one day hopefully) and I have run into some issues.

Unfortunately I am new to essentials script and I dont know all the terms for parts of the code (eg. pb(status effect)?)

I have some abilities I would love to get some help coding:

(unnamed) ability:
When the pokemon with this ability feints, hail is summoned for five turns (or eight with icy rock held etc.) and any other pokemon that are not ice / fire type will become frozen.

(Tetratox?) Ability

If the opponent is poisoned and is hit by a poison-type physical move, poison damage is activated after contact (eg. Toxapex's ability is (Tetratox). Corsola is currently badly poisoned. Toxapex used Poison Jab! Corsola was hit by the Poison Jab, then Toxapex's (Tetratox) activates and Corsola takes poison damage, uses its move for the turn, then takes the regular end-of-turn poison damage.

What I really want with this ability in particular to to sort of 'speed up' poison, so whenever a poison type move used by a Pokemon with the ability (tetratox) makes contact with a poisoned opponent, it triggers poison damage

and lastly:

(Detonate?) Ability:

If this Pokemon uses an explosive move, they do not feint, but instead take recoil damage (at least 30% of their total HP rounded up)

I kinda have an understanding of what I would need to put down to make these work, but I a not experienced enough yet.

Thanks

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 4, 2020
Hey,

There is actually a pretty nice thread in the script section that I link for you Here. The guy experimented a lot and read his post will probably help you if you want to start with new abilities. good luck

Last edited:
Back