• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

List of Updated Move Effects (Gen 1-3)

Should this document include moves introduced after Generation 3?

• Yes

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Depends on the moves/Take suggestions

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Just stop, no one cares

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
Years
  • Hello everyone,

THE INTRO
    We've all seen resources and ROM bases here that try to update Generation 3 ROMS to the modern era. From MrDollSteak's Firered base to the Emerald Battle Engine Upgrade and several others, we've seen new Attacks and Abilities implemented to be readily available to the hacking community, whether it be done with ASM, hacking in C, or just given as a patch. Within the posts themselves and in the Development threads, you can see their work shown and constantly be improved upon.

Yet of course, to no ones discredit, none are perfect. None perfectly emulate the battle engines of the current Generation main series games. This is not a post for some brand new battle engine that I don't remotely have the skill level to make. So what do I add to the table?

WHAT IS THIS?
    I've spent my time creating a detailed document detailing about 90% of every change to every single Attack from Generation 1 to 3. Yep. All 354 of them. From Pound to Psycho Boost. With every new game comes new mechanics. Some are memorable, like the Physical-Special split, Fairy types, the Leech Life buff, etc. Some are pretty much obscure and never noted, like how Ghost types aren't trapped by Fire Spin anymore.

This resource lists all of that and in between. Buffs, nerfs, priority changes, even complete rewrites of the effects are all detailed in this document. This resource doesn't note changes that are later reversed, nor does it mention the effects of Z-Moves. More details are in the document itself.

WHY?
    I figured at least I could spare hackers from skimming through pages and pages of info. Just Ctrl-F, find the move you want to look at, and you're there. If it's not there, either nothing changed, or you looked up a move introduced after Gen 3. This is a template that hackers could use to save time and drum up some new ideas. Even modern upgrades don't have every single change to these moves, some are redundant, some are situational, and some are just neat facts. But who knows, maybe someone could use this instead of skimming through Bulbapedia or Serebii constantly.
    I'll update this document from time to time, and if there is a demand for information on moves introduced in Gen 4+, I'll go ahead and do that as well.

Tldr: Use this doc to see how moves from Gen 1-3 are changed to reflect the current generation and maybe you can use this info for future hacks and engines. If there's a high demand for moves after Psycho Boost, I'll go ahead and do that as well.

Attachments

• Updated Move Effects Gen 1-3.docx
      49.1 KB · Views: 49
    Last edited:
    Back