• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen a... re-remake?

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
  • they just recently put r/b/y on the eshop and made them connectable to S/M. i highly doubt a remake of them will come anytime soon. besides gen 4 is due a remake

Guest123123

If we go back to Kanto, I'd like to see it follow Lillie's adventures.

PokemonCoders

Gotta Cheat em All
    Years
    • Seen today
    Pretty sure they will. Thousands are playing these good OLD games till now and I believe they know it.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Very descriptive post! I agree with your points. FireRed and LeafGreen are essentially 2D remakes of 8 Bit games. I think a 3D Remake will look amazing, maybe the Pokemon company or Game Freak will add some references from Sun/Moon or ORAS? Cant wait for the official announcement!

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • Erm, I'm not really keen on a re-remake of FR/LG, to be honest. The idea stemmed from the fact that OR/AS were remakes of a generation that already hosted remakes, so it would seem logical to remake the remakes in the same one. As was said earlier, why remake a game that was released last year on the eShop, and is also connected with Sun and Moon? Also, Kanto has received way too many nods recently to the point where it's been run down into the ground, not just with the 20th anniversary and S/M's protag having moved from Kanto, but X/Y is chock full of them, right down to Santalune Forest having the exact same layout as Viridian Forest. Also, we can visit Kanto in HG/SS, which is playable on a 3DS.

If anything, I'd rather not see a full remake of FR/LG, but rather a re-imagining of Kanto; a different plot set in the same region yet still containing features that were exclusive to FR/LG, such as the roaming beasts depending on your starter (except they'll probably start roaming earlier in the game) and a trip to the Sevii Islands, hopefully opening up Navel Rock for the first time since it was event-exclusive. If all the previous things happen, then there's a lot of potential with having Lugia and Ho-Oh play a major role in the plot, because they're the trio masters of the legendary birds and beasts respectively, and also Kanto lacked a legendary duo.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Sadly, it doesn't look like we're ever going to get anything new with Kanto, be it a remake or sequel. >:( It's become painfully obvious with this "anniversary" that GF sees no value in the region beyond marketing already overexposed Pok?mon and teasing people with shallow references in other games. Just like the 20th movie, they're exploiting people's nostalgia as a means to sell them new, unrelated things.

I was really hoping GF would throw a curveball and deliver us a long-awaited post-GSC return to Kanto. I was hoping that the aged up Red/Blue cameos and Lillie traveling there were more than just cheap references. I should've known better.

Back