• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 5] Pokemon White 2 Mono Bug Run

Years
Hello!

After days of mental prep and planning, I'm about to do my first (Completed) monotype run in a Pokemon game. And of course I decided White 2 because difficulty rules and the Pokemon selection rules more. Sometimes.

The MY Rules
Spoiler:

The Goals
I actually have 2 goals for this run
1. Get all 8 gym badges, and defeat Iris.
2. Collect the 24 bug types to complete a "White 2 Bug Dex"

For anyone curious, these are the pokemon I will AND will not be collecting for Dex completion
Spoiler:

I'll try and update at least once per gym.

Last edited:
Years
Part 1: Bug Bite

Ok. inhale, exhale

Time to get on with the adventure.

Intro Screen
Exactly as boring as you think.
As a joke, I named my character Doc, and the Rival Nurse. I need to get better naming ideas.

Aspertia City
My game started on Autumn, so I got to see an epic, soaring shot of the city with... 3 brown leaves. Enthralling. I then leave my house and see Nurse. He does a cool hand motion, then he follows me to the Outlook.

Hi Bianca. I chose Oshawott as my starter, and now Nurse has no chance of ever winning a rival battle. Good. I nickname the Oshawott exactly what is would be doing. Being Box Fodder. Obtained Box Fodder the Oshawott! I then battle Nurse. He crits me and gets me down to 1 HP. Then he throws the battle. Thanks Nurse. I needed that money.

Route 19
The rest of the intro was boring, so here I am now. Bianca just caught a Patrat, and now we will never see it again. I then get to the end of the route in 30 seconds flat. No encounters, thank- wait, here comes Alder, jumping off a cliff. Isn't he 60 or something? That fall should at least cripple him for life. But nope, he suggests for me to go to the Pokemon Center. Nah, thanks. (I wish I did that later, when I had only 2 potions)

Route 20
Alder then said to go deliver a map to Nurse. He has clearly never seen me play any Gen 4 games, and doesn't know how lazy rivals can be. He also knows Nurse is my friend. Not creepy in anyway whatsoever.
Anyways slaughter closely beat 2 trainers with Box Fodder before I caught a Sewaddle. My first team member and true best friend, and I nickname it JibberJat. Sorry Box Fodder, but you need to do PC Box secretary stuff. Get me a coffee. JibberJat the Sewaddle joined the team! By some miracle, JibberJat is level four and has a Relaxed nature. Not the best, but the extra bulk against Cheren is always appreciated. And hey, she likes sour food. I like sour food as well. We'll get along great.

I then grind up JibberJat to level 5 before a battle against Youngster, uh, I think Petey and it resulted in an epic Tackle brawl. I win. I grind up to level 7 before entering Floccesy Ranch.

Floccesy Ranch
After grinding JibberJat up to level 7, I then grind up to level 8 and get the current playthrough miracle, Bug Bite. It's nice 60 base power and STAB was just amazing to have. I then swept through Nurse and the most interesting trainer Janitor Orville looking for the Herdier the owner let wander off. But still, I wonder if that battle was meant for you to always get paralyzed. Bah, back to the point, I found the Herdier, and got the TM for frustration from the Plasma Grunt. Great! A TM I'll never use! Anyways, back to Alder.

Floccesy Town
Ok, time to do that training thing with Alder.

Battle 1: Vs. School Kid Seymour and his Pansear. This battle felt like it should have been a little scary, but it had a lack of fire moves. The battle ended quickly.

Battle 2: Vs. School Kid Cassie and her Pansage.

Bug STAB + Grass type. I don't remember if I OHKO'ed, but I think I did.
Ok, it's Cheren time.

Aspertia City Gym
The 2 trainer battles went well. Now it is time for Cheren (Who is just a Lenora, with de-evolved pokemon and a different main.)

VS. GYM LEADER CHEREN
Strategy: Bug Bite Spam. Nothing else.

Sadly, that was a lot easier than I hyped up. JibberJat outsped and 2HKO'ed Cheren's Patrat with Bug Bite. Cheren failed that attempted set-up on a major scale. Lillipup was a little harder, as it was faster than JibberJat. The damage after 2 Bug Bites put Cheren in Potion range, meaning a got a free attack. I then KO'ed Lillipup the next turn. The Basic Badge is now mine.

The Team:
540.png
JibberJat the Sewaddle
Item: Oran Berry & Nature: Relaxed
Tackle
String Shot
Bug Bite

Last edited:
Back