• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tedious things you've done in pokemon

Years
The most recent thing that I remember doing was spending way more time than I'd like to admit trying to get a King's Rock in Sun. You can only find them 5% of the time on Poliwhirl and Slowbro, which both only show up 5% of the time in SOS battles in certain conditions, so I was basically playing 1/400 odds at best. I think I spent 6 hours across trying to find a Poliwhirl holding one, and then switched to hunting Slowbro, and found one on my second or third try.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 15, 2019
The most tedious non-shiny related thing I have ever done was getting the lucky egg in silver virtual console. Chansey appears 1% of the time and only holds the lucky egg 5% of the time. You can do the repel trick and only encounter it and pidgeotto, but that means that you encounter chansey 1/21 of the time instead of 1/100. And with you filtering out all of the lower level pokemon, it takes a while just to get an encounter. It took a week.

I recently bought a porygon the old fashioned way in yellow virtual console.

I've probably done more tedious stuff, my brain is just repressing it.

Guest123_x1

Hatching that Wynaut egg obtained in Lavaridge Town in Omega Sapphire was by far one of the most tedious things I've ever done in a Pokémon game... it was as if it was a legendary Pokémon egg (ignoring the fact that most legendaries can't be hatched, while acknowledging that they have been coded to have up to 120 base egg cycles.)

Another one near the top of this list would be grinding my final team in Blue when I had its Game Boy cartridge version to level 100 for Pokémon Stadium's Prime Cup.

Back