• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon: A Return to Johto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_E

No Saint, No Saviour
Years
  • Pokémon: Dark Oceans
    Dark Future Inc. presents:
    Pokémon: Dark Oceans
    Started by: Dark E (Perkele)

routepromoshot7cv.png

Name:
    Pokémon: Dark Oceans and the Return to Johto

Hack of:
    Pokémon Ruby [US]

Features:
    Parts from Johto (New Bark till Mahogany)
    Different storyline depending on gender of the Hero/Heroine.
    Complete new storyline.
    Team up with other trainers to collect Pok�mon.
    New region.
    New Gymleaders.
    New Pokémon (Starters by Solaceira)
    All Johto and Kanto starters are included in the game.
    Johto Legendaries.
    All Johto Pokémon from Gold and Silver.
    New abilities: STEAL and SUMMON.
    Doduo and Dodrio as transportation.

The Story:

There a two different ways to start the story:

It all happend one year ago. The boy was caught by the police and send to a special institude. Now he's banned to use or get in contact with Pok�mon. His parents wouldn't accept him anymore, since the boy's father is a highly respected Pok�mon Trainer. His son should've been his succesor. The boy was, or still is, a very skilled Pok�mon Trainer. Even one of the best from the Pok�mon School. Now that a year passed his freedom returned. He'll start living in Foridged Town with his uncle. But when he comes back, everything will change the way he thought we would live and than to think that even Professor Elm wants him to fight with his Cyndaquil.

Also got up in the story is the girl. She's on her 3th year in the Pok�mon school. She spend her free time a lot with her friends: Danial and also the boy. Somehow these two never really liked each other, but you'll have to find yourself. The girl is two grades lower than Danial and the boy, but she's the best from her class, though. And that's way she may choose a Pok�mon from Professor Elm. While Professor Elm has to leave in a rush she obtains a Chikorita without having a change to choose. When Danial comes in the hall and asks you if you like to see him battle Jasmine in Olivine City, the story begins.

The Boy:
    trainer0855de.png

The boy is an outlaw, he was a thief and got caught. His priorities as Pok�mon trainer were taken for a year. Now he's living with his uncle in Neport City. His old gang is awaiting him. They want to steal 3 newly discovered Pok�mon, but he refuse to join them. Professor Elm and professor Cornus are getting robbed by the gang and they ask him to retrieve the stolen Pok�mon. He obtains a Cyndaquil and a pok�dex to clear his name.

foridgedcity019xf.png

The boy will first set sail to Forsunken City were he'll meet his first partner in battling.

The Girl:
    trainer00f9jn.png

The girl is a highly classed student at the Pok�mon school. And she obtaines a Chikorita from Professor Elm, how's visiting the school, before he gets a call from professor Cornus that he has discovered 3 new pok�mon.
    After the class is over professor Elm leaves.

girlscity023te.png

The girl will meet her first battle partner in the school and they both set sail to Olivine City.

Team mates:

While playing the game, new characters can join you Party for 2-on-2 combat and new Pok�mon.

Charlie
    trainer0177mu.png

Charlie is a shipsboy, you'll meet him in Forsunken City. In first sight, he's not very nice and not that bright either...

Danial
    trainer08b5lh.png

Daniel is not going along very well with the hero of the story. They know each other really good, though. Along the story you'll learn what's bugging these guys.

Aina
    trainer01745di.png

Aina is Daniel's older sister. She's a very skilled Pok�mon trainer and started here training with the fire starter: Charmender.

Bo
    trainer033553cv.png

Bo is a girl from an island in the new region. She left her island to find a future as an Pok�mon trainer in Johto. She's a really nice girl with great tactics. She uses a Bulbasaur, to complete the circle in the Boy's team.

As you get further in the game you'll meet more trainers to team up with you.
    But beware! Some trainers will only join the boy or the girl!
    When the boy and the girl team up, you'll team up with their partners as well, but you can't use their partners Pok�mon.

The Badguys:

As told before, as the boy you'll go after your old gang members.
    If you play as the girl, you'll also meet these thugs, but in a different way.

The gang are not just stealing Pok�mon for fun or for the money. Something is going on in the new region.
    The problems are starting when the boy or girl reaches Olivine City.

Other Characters:

Just: Just is also a Pok�mon scholar, he's also 1 of the 3 best students, together with Danial and the boy.
    Just terribly lost a battle against the boy and it still hunts him.

"Skipper": What his real name is? Don't ask me. There only seems to be two characters in the story that knows his name. One of them is Charlie, since he's Charlie's father. The Skipper will help you on your way to Johto.

Jasmine: You'll still know her from Johto. The STEEL-type Gymleader. Somehow she's caught up to something and tells you to meet Falkner to take you to a new part in the region.

Falkner: Also a Johto Gymleader. He'll lead you to a special BIRD-typed island we're you'll meet someone special.

New Starters:

sahedf6mj.png

The first starters?

Ofcourse this new hack will have new starters! This time by the genious spritework of Solaceira!
    You can't really call them starters, though. 'Cause Cyndaquil or Chikorita is the first Pok�mon you'll obtain.
    These Pok�mon have a really important role in the story.

Last edited:

Aska!

? B u s y ! B u s y ! ?
    Years
  • Hey great maps. looks just like the gold / silver maps ^^ I'll be watching this games progess... Good Luck !

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Wow this sounds (and looks) amazing keep up the good work.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2016
    Great! I like the looks of it, except for one thing. Instead of Chikorita as the only starter, can we also pick from Cyndaquil or Totodile?

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    RuByShArKeR328 said:
    Great! I like the looks of it, except for one thing. Instead of Chikorita as the only starter, can we also pick from Cyndaquil or Totodile?
    Haven't you noticed that that's a new sprite of chikorita he's got there? He hasn't finished the other ones yet and he said starters not starter I think he's going to make custom sprites for all of the starters (or maybe all pokemon) only time will tell.

00Zero

banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2006
    This looks really good! I would love to see it when its finish!

Dark_E

No Saint, No Saviour
    Years
  • RuByShArKeR328 said:

Well, you'll see what happens as soon as you leave Vermilion to Route 6.
    But don't forget to visit the Pok?mon Center. X'D

Years
  • Dark_E said:
    revealedscreenshot0197re.png

And here we have the screen.
    Is that at the bottom of Route 39?

I would like to use a Rattata instead...of Poochyena but meh.

You can't earn surf without earn the badge from Morty so access to Rt40 and 42 blocked off. I know you can go thru Mt Mortar but better to put a rock in the way.
    Morty refuse to accept gym challenge without defeating Whitney, Bugsy and Falkner.
    Access to Goldenrod is blocked off with Sudowoodo

*drools*

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jul 27, 2005
    Nice work, the new sprites look really good in the old maps. I hope to see more screens from this in the future!

Kronos

Shooting Star
    Years
  • Nice work... id like to see a gold/silver hack in the advance format actually do well and be completed but watch out... you'll find it gets harder...

Dark_E

No Saint, No Saviour
    Years
  • Thank You all ^^

@ Jade,
    No, that's Route 6, like I said.

Why POOCHYENA?
    I'd like to change it to RATTATA, that's a good idea.
    But the be honest, for some reason it never worked to change POOCHYENA's battle-bytes into another Pok?mon.
    For some reason, POOCHYENA still comes up.

@ PokemonChampion2K4,

The Chikorita sprite is indeed from Emerald.

@ Kronos,

Thanks, I know, some maps still bother me.
    But I'm thinking to make a balance between KANTO, JOHTO and even a new region. So I don't know if all JOHTO will be in the game.

Chimou

Dancing Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2006
    Don't you mean, "Who's brave enough to challenge POOCHYENA?"

Other then that, looks awesome.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back