• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 6] Pig Revisits Kalos!

Pig

Angry ecologist
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    So a long time ago, I created a journal where I was going to play every single gen in chronological order of availability (Gen 1+2 on VC, AlphaSapphire for Gen 3, I skipped Gen 4 because it's stuck in limbo now, BW/B2W2, so on and so forth). Well since then I've made it all the way back up to Gen 6 now, even though it has been a long, long while. AlphaSapphire is Gen 6, but I already covered it when I made my way to Gen 3, but since it's the more updated dex to XY, I'll still be using it to hold all my mons until I move them to Home when I'm done with all of this.

The goal was to actually fill in my personal Pokedex for once. So every once in a while I go to previous games and catch mons I don't have (which is why I skipped Gen 4, since it's stuck in limbo and transfer-ability is a task and a half).

So I'm at XY again!

The version I'm going to be playing is X, being the one I have, since it follows my perpetual theme of the "cooler coloured" release, and there was no third instalment or alternating sequel. For example, I played Yellow for Gen 1, and Crystal for Gen 2, but AlphaSapphire, Black 1, the alternate sequel title White 2, I'm going to play X, and for Gen 7 I'm going to play Moon and UltraSun.

So first things first, since this is for Dex completion, I'm opening up my copy of X and seeing whatever my old save is going to have for me, and I'll transfer all of them to the bank, and then back into my new save, along with whatever from AlphaSapphire (which includes all my Gen 5 mons) so I'm not catching a bunch of doubles and wasting time (then I'll move them back into AlphaSapphire for dex filling, before Gen 7, then Home).

Pig

Angry ecologist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    ....and upon doing so I see that I don't have any mons in the box despite having 219 registered in my dex, so past me must have done this already and I have no idea what happened to those mons now.
    I do have a box full of Mantyke breedjects though and an Armaldo nicknamed Sweet Potato....

So I guess I'm starting X from scratch lmao.

National Dex Caught: 327

Pig

Angry ecologist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    I forgot how life-sized this game felt. Everything feels so much bigger than the Gameboy versions of the games I've been playing recently.

My in-game name is Pig, as is tradition, but I forgot that old Pokemon games don't like the word Pig (registers it as an inappropriate name) so it's probably going to change the OT names of all my mons when they transfer up to bank. Gen 8 doesn't do this anymore so I don't really care that much, this is jsut for dex completion.

The nickname I've chosen for my mates to call me, since all the default ones they suggest are awful, is Peege.

I think I'll take a starter I've never used before in previous playthroughs for something new this time, and choose....

Froakie!

"You've never chosen Froakie before?!"
    I know, well now I have!

And traditionally, every permanent member of my team gets a nickname, so Froakie will be....

Shiloh!

Shiloh has a Jolly nature and is quick-tempered.

So with that, game start!

Pig

Angry ecologist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    Welcoming permanent team member number 2: Fletchling!

I've named her Finley!

She'll be perfect for type coverage being fire/flying.

And this Dunsparce wants to play hardball, but I got him, after it nearly took out my entire team (meaning both of my main mons) with rollout.

Pig

Angry ecologist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    Made it to the PC box so I transferred everyone from AlphaSapphire over, except for the costume Pikachu and Kyogre that can't be swapped back, so my in game dex is as updated as it can be.

I'm ready to roll out now and start filling in actual new pages.

Back