• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other OPEN] Paper Mario: The Ancient Relics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Paper Mario: The Ancient Relics

The Plot

The Ancient Relics - 8 otherworldly objects that supposedly existed since the beginning of time itself. Nobody knows who or what created these objects, or even their current locations for that matter. In fact, it can be said that the Relics don't even exist since there's no actual evidence of them. Although several books throughout the Mushroom Kingdom talk about such objects, the Relics' appearances in the world have shown up several times throughout history according to certain documents. Almost all situations revolving around the Relics have been dark and dreary, with the ending always resulting in something terrible, disastrous or sinister. Despite this, many people believe the Relics have just fell into the wrong hands in the past, hence why so many bad situations result from it. Despite the mysteries that should the objects, numerous researchers still study and devote their time to these Ancient Relics in hopes that something will turn up, and that the fruits of their labour will eventually be worthwhile.

~​

Welcome to the town of Quiet Meadows! A placid town nestled between the mountains in the western side of the Mushroom Kingdom, this town is known for its clean air, lush green meadows and fresh flowers. This place has inhabitants of all kinds and is very welcoming! Quiet Meadows has everything someone would need to live a comfortable life! Stores, shops, groceries, you name it! There are also two schools located here called Meadows Grade School, as well as Meadows College. The mayor's house (Mayor Montgomery III) is right on top of a hill in the town's richer part of town, known as Ever Hills. Mayor Monty is a rather nice old Koopa, who simply just refuses to step down from his position until he kicks the bucket. He's a passionate guy, so chances are if you need help, he can be pretty reliable. On the outskirts of town, is located the Quiet Cave. This cave, as its name suggests, is rather Quiet and there's not much in here other than a large cavernous room. People often come here to hang out, camp or tell spooky stories at night.

You are a citizen of Quiet Meadows. You have been living your life rather peacefully, away from the busy life of the city. Maybe you go to school, or maybe you work. Or maybe you don't do anything at all! All you know is that you reside in this meadow that you call home.

The Role-Play Itself + Rules

Okay guys, welcome to Paper Mario: The Ancient Relics! As you guessed from the title alone, this RP is based on the Paper Mario games! However, if you have not played those, than you need not worry, as it is definitely not required. I will be mainly explaining a lot of things along the way as we progress! However, if you do want to know about the Paper Mario Universe, then I suggest going to the wiki, or watching a few videos of the game itself (playthroughs, etc) to get familiar. As said before though, definitely not required! So if you're interested, read on to!

As the plot states, the role-play will start in the town of Quiet Meadows and will build onwards from there. Paper Mario games are adventure RPGs, and as such, we will be of course be following an adventure-style format for this role-play in the sense that the characters will band together as a group and go on an adventure. What that reason is for the adventure, is totally up to you. With that said, if you want to do a mini-plot or side story for your character that the other players can participate in, feel free to let me know and we can work something out! Something I want to incorporate in this roleplay, is having other players take the reigns for the role-play and make their own mini-stories that we can all participate in.
    As for the battle system, I am not going to make things more complicated than they need to be. I do not have any set battle system in place (and definitely don't want to use Paper Mario mechanics), so feel free to just battle as you normally would in any role-play that has combat in it. My only rule for this, are the attacks which will be covered later on in the Sign-Up sheet. Even if your character isn't so combat savvy, that's okay! There will be lots of problem solving, and puzzles in this role-play as well! As for items, I am thinking of eliminating items completely for this roleplay, as they will get too complicated to use (as most of the items in the Paper Mario universe relate to battling). However, should someone come up with ideas on how to incorporate items, then feel free to share and I'll consider it. Now then, on to the rules!

• All PC Forum Rules Apply
    • No bunnying/god-modding
    • This is pretty much a 'G' rated RP, so violence, romance is allowed. But no swearing, and I mean it. Pretty much anything you find in the Paper Mario Games/Manga is allowed in the RP
    • Do not question, or argue with game logic. This could potentially lead to unnecessary questions or conversations about the Paper Mario Universe.
    • I understand characters are technically '2-D', but no turning yourself into a paper airplane or anything out of the like.
    • Let me know if you plan on being away for sometime so I can work something out
    • Please communicate. We will all be travelling as a group so it's important to communicate.

The Sign-Up

Name: (Your character's name. Make sure they are an original character. You don't have to put a last name if it fits with your character.)

Species: (What species are they? Anything found in the Paper Mario universe will do. Toads, Goombas, Koopas, Bob-Ombs, Boo, Little Mousers, etc are all acceptable. Just no picking actual people. There's many more to choose from, so if you need help just let me know. Also, no creating your own species, the must be already exist. You can click here for the wiki.)

Appearance: (How does your character look? Any clothes, or things that distinguish them from others of their species, maybe a different color? Try to make your character unique!)

Personality: (Pretty straight forward. How do they act, likes, dislikes, etc.)

History: (A brief history about them)

Attacks: (2 attacks for now. One regular attack, and one stronger attack. Your attacks can be anything that would suit your character. If your character's standard way of battling is just punching/kicking/headbutting or anything physical like that, then just put down 'Melee' as your first attack. If your character uses some sort of weapon, let me know beforehand so I can approve it. If you need help with thinking of an attack, let me know!)

And that's it! I probably won't be accepting a lot of people to be honest, so I will be accepting around 4-5 people total most likely. If I feel the need to open up more spots, then I will.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
    Years
  • {He's back! How could I leave him behind? There's not even any reason to change him! I am working on a second character as well if you'd allow me two, though.)
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Sephear: You are accepted! As for the second character, it depends. Maybe DM me and I can view it?

EDIT: Here is my SU!

Alfi the Orange Yoshi​

Name
    Alfi (Also sometimes referred to as Alfi the Yoshi)

Species
    Yoshi

Appearance
    Alfi is an orange Yoshi, and looks rather typical to that of regular Yoshi's. He wears blue boots, has orange spikes running down his head and back, along with a red shell. However, unlike other Yoshis, he wears a light blue t-shirt given to him by his grandma.

History
    Alfi doesn't remember a whole lot about his real parents, and so the absolute very beginning of his life is a mystery - for the most part. An older Toadette by the name of Amanita found a baby Orange-coloured Yoshi, just days old at the front of her doorstep one stormy night. He was in a little basket wrapped with soft blankets, and Amanita had no idea where the Yoshi's parents were, or how he had even showed up at her doorstep. However, being the kind Toadette that she is, she took in the Yoshi and named him Alfi. She cared for him, bathed him, fed him and raised him as if he were her own child.

Alfi was an energetic Yoshi growing up, often playing with the neighbourhood kids and trying to always make new friends. However, because he was her only child, Amanita would often be overprotective of Alfi, afraid of how people would treat him. Although now he stands as a strong adult Yoshi, Alfi was very timid growing up and would often be the end result of bullying and being picked on by other kids. However, he did not let this phase him. He continued to be the caring, kind Yoshi that he is today and always helps out those in need.

Personality
    Amanita's caring and gentle nature has definitely been passed down to Alfi. He is a kind Yoshi, always helping out people with errands should they need it, or even lending a helping hand moving things. It can even be said that he can be too nice sometimes, often getting taken advantage by those who seek help such as money or favours. It can even be said that because of this, he is sometimes naive and seeks to find the good in people before bad.

When it comes to scary situations, Alfi can be cautious. He always tries to think of a logical solution, before doing something - the thinks first and then takes action. He has had this trait his whole life, which has led people to make fun of him growing up for being a goodie-two-shoes. He does however, have a fun side to him - he enjoys physical activities and eating. His favourite foods are sweets, such as ice cream and donuts.

Attacks
    Jump
    Alfi jumps high, and stomps on his opponent. This is his basic attack, and he uses it often.

Gulp
    Alfi will hit opponents with his tongue, often putting them in his mouth if they are big enough and spitting them back out.

Last edited:
    Years
  • This looks fun! I don't know much about Mario, and even less about Paper Mario, so let me know if I get anything wrong.

Name: Ark Cane

Species: Magikoopa

Appearance: Though similar to other Koopa, Ark's skin is darker in tone, being more orange than yellow. His shell is red, but few know this as he wears robes most of the time. He doesn't wear glasses, so you can see his yellow eyes, which turn fully yellow and even glow slightly when using his stronger spells.

Personality: Ark is probably the smartest Koopa in town, or he likes to claim he is. His ideal afternoon would be spent with a cup of tea and a good book or five, relaxing in his room above the local library. He understands that not everyone is as smart as him (in fact, very few are), so he'll happily help people out, explaining anything and everything they don't understand. He'll even talk... slow... and use... small... words... so they... get it.

As you can see, he has a very high opinion of himself, and can be horribly, horribly awkward in social situations, but is a genuinely nice person, and thinks that knowledge is a power that lets you do anything if you put your mind to it. He just doesn't always realize how insulting and condescending he can be, and he tends to ignore the simple solution in favor of more complex answers, to better show off his smarts.

History: Ark was born and raised in Quiet Meadows, even attending Meadows College. He didn't have many friends, but at least the kids were never mean to him (partly because that's how things are in Quiet Meadows, but also because his mother Candy owned the local bakery). He had a talent for magic which improved when he apprenticed himself to the town's librarian, an older gentleman with a large hat named Black Mage.

Ark went on a tour of the Mushroom Kingdom after graduation, and upon his return learned Black Mage was retiring soon, and the town was looking for a new librarian. Having spent most of his childhood there, Ark applied for the job. He now manages the library and lives in the loft above the old building, practicing his spells and trying to perfect his various mixes and brews.

Attacks: Basic Bolt: Thrown from his hands or focused through his staff, Ark unleashes a bolt of arcane force.

Big Bang Ball: Taking a moment to charge up his power and gather his energy, Ark launches an orb of kinetic energy that explodes upon impact.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Looks good Groc! You are accepted! Glad to have you onboard ^^ if you have any questions at all about Paper Mario feel free to let me or someone else know! It seems like you have a pretty good grasp of it already!

I'll work on the IC and try to submit it this week as well :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    name opper trooper

species Koopa Troopa

gender male

appearance camo Koopa with a shell for a helmet also has a grenade belt

personality loveable village idiot hates people smarter than him and has a greedy streak

history his family died in a war so he quit school and decided to work towards the war effort but then the army told him he was too stupid to join the war so he became a con man but after his son died from one of his schemes gone wrong he decides that he wants to save the world

attacks grenade throw and roundhouse kick

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
  • Closing this thread as this thread has been inactive for almost a year.

If the GM wishes to reopen the thread please contact any of the moderators of the RPT.

For the players: please check the Roleplay Casting for new potential Roleplays to join! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back