• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Evolution Dependant on Specific Kind of Pokeball?

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2023
    Hi all, I'm using v19.1

I'm looking for a way to cause trade pokemon who have been caught with a specific kind of pokeball (Evolution Ball) to evolve at a defined level. I believe I need a script to check what pokeball those pokemon have at the appropriate defined levels and if found to be true have evolution happen. I have searched the wiki and it talks of new evolution types being possible but I have no idea how to check for a specific pokeball. I know I will have to edit the pokeball handler script and the Pokemon PB files but thats it. Thank you everyone any help is appreciated.

Ex. I want a pokeball that when it catches a Gravler will cause it to evolve into a Golem at a defined level in the pokemon PB file and only if the Gravler has the correct type of pokeball.

Years
  • That's a really interesting idea! Never thought to do something like that. I can't really help from a scripting perspective, but maybe I can help from a design perspective. I think to make it work, you'll have to consider the average player who won't know the ins and outs of your game. If someone doesn't know the evolution mechanic and catches Graveler in the wrong Poke Ball, it would be pretty frustrating to know that Graveler can't evolve. A possible solution would be having a way to upgrade the Poke Ball it's caught in to an Evolution Ball? But at that point it may be simpler just to have some kind of Trade Stone like other fangames or just let them evolve by level. Just a thought!

Years
  • This is an interesting concept so let me help you out.
    Assuming you are using the latest version of Pokemon Essentials (version 19+) then you only need 2 steps to complete your goal.

1) Download and extract the plug-in I have attached to this post in your "plugins" folder.

2) Setup a Pokemon's evolution in the "PBS/pokemon.txt" file just like you would for a normal level evolution. Example
    Code:
    GOLEM,Level,42
    Now replace "Level" with the ball you wish to use. Example
    Code:
    GOLEM,HeavyBall,42

Extra notes*
    You can use any ball that comes in base essentials. PokeBall, BeastBall, MasterBall and so on...
    Just make sure the first letter of the ball and the "B" in ball are both capitalized with the remaining letters being lower case.
    The Pokemon must be the level you specified in the "PBS/pokemon.txt" file before it will try to evolve.

Attachments

• Ball Evolution.zip
      770 bytes · Views: 2
    Back