• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Audio] Can I edit battle music in a gen 3 rom hack?

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2022
    Can I edit battle and encounter music to a existing theme in the game without needing to use sappy or something like that in a binary rom hack?
    Thx in advance.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Can I edit battle and encounter music to a existing theme in the game without needing to use sappy or something like that?
    Thx in advance.

When it comes to binary hacking, I don't believe you can, unless you want to figure out where the song(s) you want to change is within the hex values of your ROM file and change those directly. I'm less experienced with binary hacking, though, so perhaps there is some other way that I'm not aware of.

If you use decomp hacking, however, you don't need Sappy at all. You will still need to know about voicegroups and all of that stuff, but you just need to create a midi of the song you want, and then inject it into your project. That's a simplified description of the process, but you have a lot more freedom when it comes to music editing in decomp hacks.

Back