• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I've made design concepts of a few Pokemon for a hypothetical Southeast Asian region, plus some other bits and bobs. (No Artwork)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 10, 2017
I've been interested in the thought of a Pokemon region based on Southeast Asia ever since early speculation of Sun and Moon caught the Tide Song Hotel's resemblance to a hotel in Singapore.
So I've made a few Pokemon concepts for this hypothetical region, which I've provisionally named Sessia.

Sixty Pokemon concepts, to be precise. Almost all are based on wildlife that can be found in Southeast Asia; most are also fairly unique to and/or iconic of the area. For my purposes, I've envisioned Sessia to mostly cover Malaysia, Singapore, and Indonesia, perhaps with a bit of Thailand, and borrowing just a little bit from the Philippines.

Unfortunately, I'm not much of a visual designer, so I haven't done any artwork for them. Also, nothing here has been balance tested, naturally. I went for flavour and interesting mechanics more than balance, though I did give some mind to not being too crazy. I can think of a few that might end up being considered OP in an actual game, though.

I should also clarify that I am not making a fan game. I haven't got the knowledge, skills, time, or patience to actually do that. These are just some ideas that I've come up with while bored. Think of it as the accumulation of several months' worth of napkin scribbles and lazy Sundays.

Anyway, here is a spreadsheet containing a basic listing of all the Pokemon and their typings, some mockup stat spreads (again, not balance tested), and a few new abilities, moves, and items.

Here is a document containing more information on each Pokemon. This includes gender ratios, evolution conditions, classifications, sizes and weights, typings, abilities, and a bit of Pokedex-style flavour text to give a feel for what the Pokemon should be like.

And here is a companion document containing a sort of developer's notes on the inspiration behind each Pokemon and its name, plus some other babblings.

Just thought it'd be fun to share, and get some opinions/feedback.

(I'll be out for about 18 hours, but I'd love to have a discussion after that.)

Back