• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] Player not appearing under bridge

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2023
    I have been mapping for a while now and ported a lot of Kanto over though its not FRLG Kanto either has I made my own changes to the routes and cities. Anyway one such one is in Route 9 I made bridges. It works fine except when I want to walk under it my PC appears on top f the bridge. The metatiles still work as I cannot go to a new elevation but I just appear on top of it. This is only on this map which was my first attempt at bridge mapping. Bridges from vanilla maps like route 110 still work and I compared the collisions on that bridge to mine and its the same. So I cannot for the life of me figure out what is going on if anyone had similar problems. Like I said the metatiles work totally as you can only walk on the bridge form one elevation to the other I just always appear over it rather then under it.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I have been mapping for a while now and ported a lot of Kanto over though its not FRLG Kanto either has I made my own changes to the routes and cities. Anyway one such one is in Route 9 I made bridges. It works fine except when I want to walk under it my PC appears on top f the bridge. The metatiles still work as I cannot go to a new elevation but I just appear on top of it. This is only on this map which was my first attempt at bridge mapping. Bridges from vanilla maps like route 110 still work and I compared the collisions on that bridge to mine and its the same. So I cannot for the life of me figure out what is going on if anyone had similar problems. Like I said the metatiles work totally as you can only walk on the bridge form one elevation to the other I just always appear over it rather then under it.

Are you sure the metatiles are correct? Walking from one elevation to other is handled by the collision, not the metatile.
    The metatile's layer type should be set to normal.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2023
    Yep as its just the vanilla bridge. No custom tiles or anything. Its those wooden bridges from Emerald.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2023
    I figured it out, bridges are a pain in the ass. Its hard to describe without pics and its a pain in the ass to upload pics here but I was making a canyon. So it has many levels some high some low. Bridges seem to need to be on 4 elevation or above or you need that collision tile to change your elevation before the bridge if its on elevation 3.

Back