• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum hack: Pokemon Platinum Pro

How hard is this?

• Easy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Medium

• Hard

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Pro

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2022
    Since my platinum revamped thread had a positive community response even though the game was incomplete and had some bugs, I won't pollute it any further and decided to start fresh since this game is actually Complete and from my testing has no bugs.

Introduction

This is a hard hack that uses Pokemon Platinum Plus made by blue as a base Rom (I did get his permission). I will post his documents below for Pokemon changes/evolutions and locations and I take no credit for the work he has done.

One of the great things that really differentiates my hacks from other Platinum hacks is the fact that since trainers have more pokemon and a consistent level curve, it means you don't have to level grind at all.

ALL the trainers and gym leaders have pokemon that are faithful to their movesets based on their level, meaning you wouldn't find a rattata lv 5 with aeroblast, sacred fire, EQ, draco-meteor.

Also some Pokemon (at the 40+ levels) have TM, HM and event moves so don't complain when you see an entei with flare blitz because he did learn it via a Gen 4 event when Pokemon Platinum was the new game. You can also check Pokemon DB before complaining.

Game Features

• Every Trainer has AT LEAST 2 Pokemon(some may have 1 but are rare like .1%)
    • Every Trainer has AT LEAST 1 Full Restore
    • Every Trainer has CHAMPION LEVEL AI value of 7
    • Every Trainer's Pokemon has maxed out EV's
    • GYM Leaders have 6 Pokemon(follows a level curve), 4 Full Restores and their Pokemon have held items
    • Team Galactic grunts and bosses have more space like Pokemon
    • Elite four and Champion have Pokemon with competitive movesets
    • Just like Blue's hack all 493 pokes can be caught(refer to his documentation on the locations)

Aside from the above modifications I only made 3 EXTRA changes that are not in Blue's documents

• Beldum can now be caught in wayward cave(change I made in terms of pokemon location)
    • All starters can be caught from Lake verity(half of them), to route 202(the other half), another location change I made
    • Reggigas slow start was removed.

Here is a little taste of the gym leaders if ya'll are curious

Spoiler:

Here are some screenshots of when I fought barry: https://imgur.com/a/yi7F0

Download's

Blue's Documents (IGNORE THE Gym Leader & Elite Four Rosters file and the ITEM CHANGES file since these item changes crashes the game. Just use the A/R code to get the items you need. No need to feel guilty about this because you will lose so many times and have no money to buy anything anyway lol: https://www.mediafire.com/file/p1mi7cff497vcq6/Pokemon_Platinum_Plus.rar/file

Patch V2
    • Shiny rate increased to 1/257 which is the highest possible hex value
    • Some trainers were causing freezing which if you followed this thread you would know, all of them have been fixed!

Game Patch File Download V2 (UPDATED): http://www.mediafire.com/file/15ykpyl5dyi0atb/PlatinumProV2.zip/file

Spoiler:

Tools Used

PPRE
    Nitro Explorer - For narc files

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Hey, I've been playing this hack recently. Did you deliberately make it where Ace Trainers had 6 Pokemon each? At least in Route 215, I got into a double battle with 2 Ace Trainers, and both had 6 Pokemon each, the total thus becoming 12. I have a full team, 4 legit Pokemon and 2 HM slaves, so really just 4 vs. 12. That's fucking insane. Easily the hardest challenge so far. I know I could've interacted with only 1 at a time, and not force myself in a double battle, but I didn't expect 12 Pokemon. I thought at first it was me playing too fast and certain Pokemon among the 12 were from a previous battle. No. 12 Pokemon, 1 double battle, unbelievable. Thank God for Torterra, thank God for it being overleveled. Level 60, my other 3 team members are in the 40s, which is where that opposing team is. Even so, the fact that I'm on Route 215 with Pokemon near level 50, and my starter at level 60, with only 3 badges obtained, is pure insanity.

I had to rant, I need to vent. I'm enjoying the hack for the most part anyway, but holy shit. It was bad enough that I struggled against the trainers on Route 210 and 215, this was just the tip of the iceberg. No, it was a whole other iceberg stacked on top of one.

TIL this forum censors curse words. I try not to in this forum, but this is one instance where I couldn't resist.

Edit: Sailor in Pastoria Gym freezes the game when it spots me. I have to talk to him first to prevent the crash.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2022
    Most ace trainers have 6, and I did this as a little trap so its just not the gyms and elite4 that are harder. I am glad you are enjoying it so far and thanks for reporting that bug.

Also like I said in my OP, since trainers got more pokemon you don't really have to level grind which is AWESOME!

How are the gyms? Did you have to be strategic cause I just didn't want this hack to mainly be about high levels?

Can you specify which sailor or if you remember his name so I can check this issue out?
    Also thanks for playing it :) and I hope you are able to reach the elite4 (they are a surprise)

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Most ace trainers have 6, and I did this as a little trap so its just not the gyms and elite4 that are harder. I am glad you are enjoying it so far and thanks for reporting that bug.

Also like I said in my OP, since trainers got more pokemon you don't really have to level grind which is AWESOME!

How are the gyms? Did you have to be strategic cause I just didn't want this hack to mainly be about high levels?

Can you specify which sailor or if you remember his name so I can check this issue out?
    Also thanks for playing it :) and I hope you are able to reach the elite4 (they are a surprise)

They're difficult, that's for sure. Torterra is overleveled and often came through in battles. For Wake, who I just beat, Alakazam's Calm Mind spam helped. I think if I had a full team with equal levels, I'd be pressed to be more strategic. So far I've gotten by with brute force and setup moves. In Blue's document, the Burn Heal on Route 206 was said to be replaced by a Shiny Stone. That's not true in this hack, I found a Burn Heal. I need a Shiny Stone for Togetic.

The final sailor before Wake, he has Palkia and Kyogre, that's the bugged one.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2022
    Ok , I will work on those issues and add a few more feature in before the weekend is up so please continue to play and let me know how the rest goes. Thanks for taking the time to do this :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    6 badges in, the level curve's crazy. There's a crash with the male Ace Trainer in Canalave Gym, same issue as Pastoria Gym. My Riolu egg just hatched, so my team: Torterra, Milotic, Togekiss, Ursaring, Alakazam, and Riolu.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2022
    Um which ace trainer the boy or girl? I fixed the pastoria one btw. Thx for letting me know.
    An iron islands should been used to level up your pokemon, also how was the gym leader(I gave him entry hazards)?

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Um which ace trainer the boy or girl? I fixed the pastoria one btw. Thx for letting me know.
    An iron islands should been used to level up your pokemon, also how was the gym leader(I gave him entry hazards)?

The first male Ace Trainer you encounter in Canalave Gym. He has Legendary Pokemon in his team, including Regirock, Groudon, Ho-Oh.

Byron, I was not happy with Torterra sweeping him, so I reset to try again without Torterra. I couldn't win, best I got was 3 of his Pokemon KO'd without Torterra. Togekiss shined in the match before Torterra came in thanks to Aura Sphere and Flamethrower.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2022
    What level are all your pokemon at?
    Also when I made these pokemon teams I never account for the player having over-leveled pokemon, I guess thats an uncontrolled variable.
    And thank you so much for all this feedback dude! Certain things might change in the next patch, nothing crazy tho just gotta be more strategic.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    What level are all your pokemon at?
    Also when I made these pokemon teams I never account for the player having over-leveled pokemon, I guess thats an uncontrolled variable.
    And thank you so much for all this feedback dude! Certain things might change in the next patch, nothing crazy tho just gotta be more strategic.

Lucario: 70
    Alakazam: 77
    Ursaring: 68
    Milotic: 73
    Togekiss: 76
    Torterra: 84

I'm currently in Mt. Coronet after doing all the Galactic stuff in Veilstone.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2022
    So no more issues with any trainers like freezing ?
    If so good luck facing the champion. Also how was Candice an Volkner gym battles?
    And did EACH e4 give u a challenge or were some too easy ?

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    So no more issues with any trainers like freezing ?
    If so good luck facing the champion. Also how was Candice an Volkner gym battles?
    And did EACH e4 give u a challenge or were some too easy ?

No more freezing issues that I found.

Candice didn't take as many attempts as other gym leaders, making it not as difficult. But the fact I needed multiple attempts means that it wasn't easy. Volkner took even fewer attempts, just had to change the lead. That makes all the difference in the world.

Considering that by this point, I haven't made it past Flint, I would say that they're difficult. Aaron's the easiest, even when I first battled him. I've tried to battle the Elite 4 so many times that Togekiss and Milotic reached 100. They just so happen to be used the most in the E4 attempts. Combine that with their respective fast-growing experience groups, it's no surprise.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2022
    Lol damn, try changing the weather against flint, also I was planning to disable the shift battle style in the next patch since you were seemingly blowing past the gyms, but since the e4 seem to be super difficult I might have to reconsider that. And as always dude thx for the feedback an let me know when u beat the champ. FYI if your wondering y certain moves keep hitting like fire last or hydro pump it's cause I gave that Pokémon a wide lens lol

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Lol damn, try changing the weather against flint, also I was planning to disable the shift battle style in the next patch since you were seemingly blowing past the gyms, but since the e4 seem to be super difficult I might have to reconsider that. And as always dude thx for the feedback an let me know when u beat the champ. FYI if your wondering y certain moves keep hitting like fire last or hydro pump it's cause I gave that Pokémon a wide lens lol

I always play Set and don't use bag items during battle. That's still a good idea though. I play on speedup, so the playthrough is quicker than normal, but even so, I'm on day 4 of this game (32 hours of game time).

Just checking around and I did find a freeze. On Route 216, the Blackbelt guy that is the first trainer you meet after using Rock Climb.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Were you able to beat the champion? If so how was the fight?
    an thx again.

Not yet, still haven't gone through Flint.

Edit: I made it to Lucian, just more defeats.

Edit 2: I made it to Cynthia, I was absolutely destroyed.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    How was lucian, was his darkrai a pain?

Darkrai's a pain in general. I got lucky with Torterra's Quick Claw coming through. It's not easy to replicate the wins, like Cynthia killed me, and now I have to go through everyone again. At this point I can beat the first 2 soundly, Flint I'm getting more success. Lucian, only beat him once.

Back