• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Movies that are better than the book

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
  • We normally say that the book is better than the movie, but what are the exceptions to this? What are movies that are better than the book they are an adaptation of?

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Short answer: there are none. At least, not in my opinion.

Long answer: Books allow for an extensive amount of detail to be given to the reader, allowing the reader to build a very clear image in their mind and build their own world out of the pages in the book. A totally unique world that you become attached to, that you get invested in. A movie is one person's interpretation of this book, and it is very subjective as to whether or not it is good. But the majority of the time, it wont match your own interpretation and therefore wont live up to your own self-made expectations and wont represent the world you've built yourself in this book. It would be incredibly hard for a movie to surpass your own imagination, especially if you really enjoyed the book.

The only time I can see a movie being better than a book is when the book doesn't give much room for detail, or you don't enjoy the book. But then, those are rare circumstances, as if you didn't enjoy the book, why see the film? And if a book doesn't give room for detail, it's hard for a movie to really give a good representation on-screen.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I think I've mentioned this before in E&M, but I actually thought the Maze Runner movie was better than the book. I've always had the opinion of 'books must be better than film/tv adaptations' too, until this series, but I just found the book pretty poorly written and just less entertaining than the movie in this case. I also started reading Scorch Trials before the movie came out, but just couldn't finish it because it got kind of boring. I still haven't but intend to see the movie at some point, which I think I'll enjoy more than the book too.

Last edited:
    Back