• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adding Evo Stones and Fossils

Years
  • Hey all.

I've been using Essentials for a bit doing minor changes, now I wanna start adding recent gens and change evo styles.

However...
    1. When I add a fossil, the fossil guy doesn't take it nor give me a Pokemon.
    2. When I add a new evo stone, I can't "Use" it on a Pokemon. Even if I change the name of a current Evo stone, it loses it's "Use" option.

Any direction or assistance would be great.

Thanks

IvyMe

My Twitter: @_IvyMe
    Years
  • Hey all.

I've been using Essentials for a bit doing minor changes, now I wanna start adding recent gens and change evo styles.

However...
    1. When I add a fossil, the fossil guy doesn't take it nor give me a Pokemon.
    2. When I add a new evo stone, I can't "Use" it on a Pokemon. Even if I change the name of a current Evo stone, it loses it's "Use" option.

Any direction or assistance would be great.

Thanks

For evo stones, you have to add it first to the PBS item.txt file, and then you have to go to PItem_Items script and search for
    Code:
    def pbIsEvolutionStone?(item)
    and add your stone internal name.

Then, in PItem_ItemEffects, search this line
    Code:
    ItemHandlers::UseOnPokemon.copy(:FIRESTONE,
    and add here your stone internal name.

And, you should add your stone to the Fling move, go to the script PokeBattle_MoveEffects and search for Fling, you should see a list of items, search for the evo stones and add your stone.

For fossils, I never tested it, but look at the NPC at Pokemon Highschool on the test maps, and copy a fossil that already exist and modify it

Back