• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Huntail or Gorebyss?

Huntail or Gorebyss

• Huntail

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • Gorebyss

Votes: 22 51.2%

• Total voters

Ayselipera

Another versus thread where I practically like both Pokemon the same. This seems to be a reoccurring theme for me!

Well to start out, speaking strictly on their designs I honestly like both the same. They're both the different extremes of each other. Gorebyss looks sweet and innocent while Huntail looks vicious and terrifying. Needless to say I find that very appealing. I always love to see a split evolution of a Pokemon vary so greatly between each other.

Now for the stat distribution. As I have said previously in the Gyarados or Milotic thread I prefer high special attack water Pokemon over high attack water Pokemon. Mainly because I like to teach Surf to all of my water Pokemon and Surf just doesn't seem as useful when I throw it on a physical water type. So that leads me to go with Gorebyss. The higher special attack is both more appealing and useful.

Garde

Fallen Angel
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2015
    Gorebyss is pretty good in battle, and I like it's design. It might not be as pretty as Milotic or Starmie, but it's still lovely.
    I like Huntail, but I think it's design could have been done better.

Hoppip

Hoppip used Solarbeam!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    I much prefer Gorebyss as like Ayselipera I like Pokemon with high Sp. Attack and that I can teach Surf to. It also looks way prettier.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    there both really ugly, but huntail looks cooler so him

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
  • Hard to decide. Both are really good... O_e
    But if so, I prefer Gorebyss more cuz beautiful and yet cute. :P

pumpkinziggy

Hunting for shiny Articuno
    Years
  • Well, Huntail looks cooler in my opinion, but Gorebyss is still cool-looking and so much better for battling (I've met a lot in the level 50 Battle Factory in Sinnoh who have destroyed my team). Thus, my vote is Gorebyss.

Years
  • Huntail is so awesome. I hate the fact that you can only get him by trade...
    However, that's one of the things that makes them so unique.

I love both of them. Actually, they are two of my favorite Pokemon. I'm a big fan of both of their designs. To be honest, I always thought that Gorebyss seemed menacing and unpredictable (Those eyes! ._.), while Huntail looked vicious, yet dazed and confused as well.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Gorebyss, simply because of it's appearance. It looks quite cute and elegant, unlike Huntail that looks wierd and ugly. I dislike how Gorebyss kills its prey, though...

Last edited:

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
  • Huntail. Simply because it's facial expression makes it look kind of stupid(?). Haha. It's just a funny facial expression.

Back