• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga An anime to get back into anime

pkmin3033

Like the title says...I need an anime to get back into anime. Ideally it would be...

1) From within a couple of years...2017 onwards, unless there was something very good that started in 2016 but finished in 2017.
    2) COMPLETE. I despise shows based on light novels/manga that just end abruptly; please don't recommend I watch these. One of the reasons I don't watch anime anymore is because 90% of it seems to be promotion material for LNs or manga I will never read.
    3) Not entirely CGI. Stuff like Land of the Lustrous and Sidonia are off-putting for their animation.
    4) Be more than 13 episodes
    5) Have a more serious/intense sort of plot (think Gundam or Fate series for tone) but if there is a really good romance anime that'd be interesting too
    6) Ideally have an English dub but am OK without one I suppose
    7) Not be Dragonball Super because I will probably end up watching that when it has been fully dubbed...probably.

Nothing is really reaching out to me and I used to watch a lot of anime. I'd love to get back into it again but I need to find at least one show from within the last couple of years that isn't unappealing.

Years
  • I think you'll enjoy Re:Creators, fits pretty much everything you've asked for bar the dub.

Inuyashiki is another, although again probably no dub and this one is shorter. Not sure why the length of a show should really matter if it's a full story though personally.

If you've seen the 2003 Kino's Journey there's a prequel.

There was also a Legend of the Galactic Heroes reboot which wasn't horrible.

Coincidentally I've been in a similar slump over the last couple of years, so I don't have a lot of recommendations. I'll certainly be keeping an eye out for what other people say though.

Back