• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need 2 more team members!

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2007
    This is what I've got so far:

Gallade@Leftovers
    Adamant
    252 Atk, 252 Sp. Def, 6 Speed

Swords Dance
    Leaf Blade
    Night Slash
    Psycho Cut

Electivire@Life Orb
    Adamant
    252 Atk, 128 Speed, 128 Sp. Def

Earthquake
    Thunderpunch
    Brick Break
    ----

Dusknoir@Leftovers
    Careful
    252 HP, 128 Atk, 128 Sp. Def

Shadow Punch
    Fire Punch
    Will-o-wisp
    Substitute

PorygonZ@Leftovers
    Timid/Adaptability
    252 Sp. Atk, 128 Speed, 128 Defense

Nasty Plot
    Tri Attack
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam

I'm stuck on the last move for Electivire and my other two members, any ideas? Thanks

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • This is what I've got so far:

Gallade@Leftovers/Life Orb
    Adamant
    252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP

Swords Dance
    Leaf Blade Close Combat
    Night Slash/Hypnosis
    Psycho Cut

Why in the name of all that is sweet and sugary would you want maximum SDef on a sweeper? o.O Also, why on earth would you want to forego Gallade's strongest physical move, Close Combat? Hypnosis is also an option on the set as a utility move (It can also buy you a turn of SD, which your opponent won't like).

Electivire@Life Orb
    Adamant Hasty
    252 Atk / 188 Spd / 68 SAtk

Earthquake
    Thunderpunch/Thunderbolt
    Brick Break Ice Punch
    Cross Chop

This thing runs Thunderbolt to hit low SDef targets, I believe. Not 100% sure, though. Ice Punch to finish the boltbeam combo and Cross Chop for that final extra. Hasty is the prefered nature, and the EVs are aragornbird's so I'm assuming that they're correct and well thought-out.
    ----

Dusknoir@Leftovers
    Careful
    252 HP, 128 Atk, 128 Sp. Def

Shadow Punch
    Fire Punch
    Will-o-wisp
    Substitute

Say no to 252/128/128 spreads. I know there's a correct one around here somewhere but I can't be bothered to dig it up atm. I do know that it doesn't look like that, though.

PorygonZ@Leftovers
    Timid/Adaptability
    28 HP / 228 Spd / 252 SAtk

Nasty Plot
    Tri Attack
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam

252/128/128 spreads are generally a bad idea. This is a - presumably better - spread I found by poking about. At any rate, it's generally a good idea to invest in HP before defenses since HP protects you from both physical and special attacks.

I'm stuck on the last move for Electivire and my other two members, any ideas? Thanks

Physical walling is what you need. And for walling, you don't get much better than

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
    Trait: Solid Rock
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Megahorn
    Swords Dance

SD cover for the lack of Atk EVs, so this thing will not only wall but also pressure your opponent to bring on a counter. You also lack a special wall, so maybe something like

Cresscelia @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    EVs: 252 HP / 100 SDef / 156 Def (Just guessing on the defenses)
    Psychic
    Light Screen
    Ice Beam/Thunder Wave
    Rest/Moonlight

There are probably some more accesible options, though, I'm just a bit too tired to think of them at the moment. :3

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • i don't agree with hypnosis on gallade. the biggest mistake people make is thinking that gallade is fast/strong enough to be a starter, but his defense stat is so low, and considering the popularity of Choice Scarf starters, gallade won't have the opportunity to use hypnosis. heck, it won't even have the opportunity to utilize swords dance as a starter. my suggestion is that you go full physical on him and give it Choice Scarf.

i completely agree with alter ego on electivire. thunderbolt is important for foes like skarmory that have stronger defenses and because of Electivire's attack stat, will probably underestimate you by thinking you will use a physical attack on a physical wall. be careful for mirror coat.

leave 252 hp evs on it dusknoir but give about 144 def evs and put about 92 into sp def. that leaves 22 for attack. here's what i suggest for dusknoir's moveset: thunder punch/brick break/will-o-wisp/pain split. it NEEDS thunder punch and will-o-wisp. pain split is also a must because of its very low HP. brick break is preffered because it takes care of a lot of physical walls that will try to slowly kill dusknoir off.

i have a porygon-z myself, and its so awesome. here's what i suggest:

PorygonZ@Choice Scarf
    Modest/ Download
    6 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk

Dark Pulse
    Tri Attack/Hyper Beam
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam

you wouldn't even need tri attack other than for its STAB. other wise, i experimented with it in battle, and hyper beam is excellent for a quick finish. modest is there for that lack of sp atk boost from nasty plot, considering scarf will take care of speed anyway.

Back