• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Obsidian [RECRUITING]

Bladecraft

It's written "Bladecraft" on my forehead.
Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2020
    Team Obsidian [RECRUITING]

[PLACEHOLDER] Team Name

Team Obsidian​

Introduction

Eyrryyyrybody! I'm Bladecraft, and in case you don't know me I created Pokémon Emerald - Wally Version, which will be complete soon.
    For the next hack I'll create, I'll be going for another hack that has a little bit of story, but mainly open world, a lot of quests, big and nice world, choice based events, and many features to come, including the entire list of the newer hacks [which didn't appear in Wally Version] such as B/W repel system, P/S split and crud like that.
    The hack is [PLACEHOLDERLY] named Pokémon Obsidian [MIGHT BE CHANGED]
    I'm recruiting team members for the new hack, we'll be hacking Pokémon Emerald.

Since I'm used to working solo, and I'd rather have a smaller team of [hopefully] high quality members, the team will consist of maximum 5-7 people [including myself].

Join me [and the rest of the team] in the creation of a high quality, triple A ROM hack, while creating a friendly communicative group that also can also have a good laugh.​

Application Form
    Name: This isn't necessarily your real name, just how should we address you.
    My Field of Work: What you're good at, must be at least one of the subjects needed [below].
    My Work: Proof of the above.
    My Traits: Rate yourself 1-5 for the following traits [see Traits section in "What We're Looking For"]
    How Much Time I Can Work: How much free time you got for hacking.
    Discord: Discord is going to be the way of communicating with the team.

OPTIONAL:
    Time Zone: This is just good to know, but won't be taken highly into consideration when recruiting.
    Notes: Anything goes here, any notes, questions, fears, expectations, just let us know.

Example Application:
    Spoiler:

What We're Looking For

You must know at least one of these subjects well and put them in "My Field of Work" in your application. You may put more than one, also if you wrote at least one you can put other relevant skills you possess.

Rom Hacking Skills:

Note: If you want to be in charge of a complete graphic overhaul you may claim your spot almost immediately.

Writing in ASM or C
    Updating Graphics
    Spriting [Pokémon]
    Spriting [Tiles]
    Mapping
    Joker [If this isn't obvious, this is EITHER a jack of all trades, or an uplifting spirit who'll motivate, provide good ideas, and be in general an awesome person.]

Note that even though these skills are highly specific, a team member will still take part in deciding what goes into the game. While there's the part you're in charge of, our communication will allow everyone's voices to be heard and everyone's desires in the game to be fulfilled.

TL;DR doesn't matter what you do on the team your general ideas to the game in other subjects will be highly taken into consideration. This means storyline, features, etc.

Personality Traits: [you put these in your application]
    Originality
    Creativity
    Dedication
    Kindness
    Assertiveness
    Communicative
    Decision-making

Current Team Members
    As I'm writing this the team is composed by myself as it just started it's place in the world.

Bladecraft: Roles: Scripting | Mapping | Composing Music | Storyboard | General Ideas
    Tainted: Roles: Updating Maps & Music | Fine Tuning | Quality Assuring | Joker

Spriting is currently handled by us aswell, but we're still looking for spriters asap.
    Also I'm learning C, and Tainted will soon follow.

Current Progress
    Alright, arguably the most important part. Since Pokémon Wally Version is mainly on my mind and I want to get it completed this hack hasn't gone through much. I've managed to get a few maps done, and a highly functioning outdoors crafting system.

Here's a GIF provided by Lunos [thanks mate]
    Spoiler:

Here's an outdated screenshot of the maps [there's only little difference so there's no point updating,
    also graphics are still vanilla Emerald]
    Spoiler:

Story/Scripts for the ROM haven't been made yet, since maps are currently higher on the list.

Please note that while the team will be working on one hack at a time I'll be super glad to work with everyone else in the future when everything will go well.

Any questions, opinions or anything you'd like to say I'm here to listen, let me know either via commenting or mention me on PC Discord. [Don't DM me because too many random people are DM'ing me because of Wally Version so I blocked non-friends DM's. The downside of having a successful hack lol...]

Anyways thanks for reading and I'll hopefully see more of you guys. Goobye!​

Last edited:
    Years
  • Name: Tainted
    My Fields: of Work: Scripting, Mapping, Inserting music, Spriting, Hex editing
    My Work: Pok?mon Paragon
    My Traits: Originality [4] | Creativity [4] | Dedication [5] | Kindness [3] | Cooperative [4] | Communicative [5] | Decision-making [4] | Patient [5]
    How Much Time I Can Work: Varies, but usually I can work every day some hours.
    Discord: Tainted#0612
    Timezone: Central European Time UTC + 01: 00

hello my name is buzzkill and I would like to help you make maps

my field of work: mapping.

traits: communication [3], originality [4], Dedication [4], Assertiveness [5], Kindness [3],
    Decision-making [1] and Creativity [3]

My Work: Pok?mon Emerald - corrupt.

discord: BuzzKill Bot#7051.

time I can work: 3 hours on weekdays and 5 on weekends.

notes: I wont be working every day but most of the time i will be working.

Last edited:

Bladecraft

It's written "Bladecraft" on my forehead.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2020
    Name: Tainted
    My Fields: of Work: Scripting, Mapping, Inserting music, Spriting, Hex editing
    My Work: Pok?mon Paragon
    My Traits: Originality [4] | Creativity [4] | Dedication [5] | Kindness [3] | Cooperative [4] | Communicative [5] | Decision-making [4] | Patient [5]
    How Much Time I Can Work: Varies, but usually I can work every day some hours.
    Discord: Tainted#0612
    Timezone: Central European Time UTC + 01: 00

I'll be a straight up douchebag if I'll even consider not accepting you.
    A server invite will be coming your way very soon.

hello my name is buzzkill and I would like to help you make maps

my field of work: mapping.

traits: communication [3], originality [4], Dedication [4], Assertiveness [5], Kindness [3],
    Decision-making [1] and Creativity [3]

My Work: Pok?mon Emerald - corrupt.

discord: BuzzKill Bot#7051.

time I can work: 3 hours on weekdays and 5 on weekends.

notes: I wont be working every day but most of the time i will be working.

Please provide a link of your work as I can't find it online, all I found are a bunch of fixes to various corruptions or something like that.

Back