• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map data for Emerald AI

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 20, 2018
Hey everybody, this is my first time posting here and I was wondering if you could help me find some information. I?m making an AI to play Pok?mon Emerald for a school project, but I?m having some trouble locating the info I need and I?m running out of time. The main think I?m looking for is information about maps and map headers. In games like red and blue there is a constant location for the ?current map? that is loaded into memory - is there anything like that for these games? I?m also looking for some battle info. . I have access to the pokemon?s Stats ( both the players and opponents) which is a big part of programming battle AI, but I?m having trouble accessing the moves. I know that there is a 48 byte section within the Pok?mon data structure, and one of the 12 byte sections within there contains move data. However, I?m a bit confused about how this data works, as each move only has 2 bytes and the move structures are 44 bytes I think. Are these two bytes just pointers to the move structures?

Years
Hey everybody, this is my first time posting here and I was wondering if you could help me find some information. I?m making an AI to play Pok?mon Emerald for a school project, but I?m having some trouble locating the info I need and I?m running out of time. The main think I?m looking for is information about maps and map headers. In games like red and blue there is a constant location for the ?current map? that is loaded into memory - is there anything like that for these games? I?m also looking for some battle info. . I have access to the pokemon?s Stats ( both the players and opponents) which is a big part of programming battle AI, but I?m having trouble accessing the moves. I know that there is a 48 byte section within the Pok?mon data structure, and one of the 12 byte sections within there contains move data. However, I?m a bit confused about how this data works, as each move only has 2 bytes and the move structures are 44 bytes I think. Are these two bytes just pointers to the move structures?
I dont know about map, but this 48 data structure is separated in 4 substructure and they are mixed inside this data structure. You need to find where the moves substructure is, take the value and decrypt to get the right move.
Here is the link where you can see how this structure works and how to decrypt.
https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok?mon_data_structure_in_Generation_III

https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok?mon_data_substructures_in_Generation_III

If you know lua and use vba rerecording you can use everOddish code to see how to get this data.
https://github.com/EverOddish/PokeStreamer-Tools

If want you can change rom to disable encryption and data mixing to make it easier, you can find how to disable in quick reasearch thread.
Sorry, I cant be more specific now because I'm using my phone in metro now. :P

Last edited:
Back