• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Problem with shiny evolution

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2022
    Hello, everyone.

I'm pretty far along in my hack. I made some hex edits in order to increase the shiny rate, and made an adjustment so that the pokedex sprites don't show up as shiny by default. But while doing a playthrough test, I did run into another bug. Shiny pokemon will appear as their non-shiny forms while evolving. They are shiny in battle and at the summary screen before and after evolution, so that isn't a problem. Just during the evolution itself, they are their normal sprites.

It's a pretty minor bit in itself, but I was wondering if this was a known problem or if it has a fix. My searches didn't turn up much that was at all helpful.

Back