• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] my 10 predictions for the next swsh direct

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2020
    1: pokemon following you(honestly they have the animations and we already saw pokemon doing that on the switch before)

2: new gym

3: gigantamaxing

4: new pokemon

5:team yell

6: battle frontier

7: an amazing huge new game changing feature that makes up for the lack on pokemon

8: starter evolutions

9: more dislikes than youtube rewind 2018

10: hey! are you tired of the same old characters and character customization is to limited? well here's the solution! P L A Y A S Y O U R M I I

and that's my ten predictions for the next direct for swsh

Years
  • #1 New Gym leaders
    #2 More details about Dynamax
    #3 Team 3v3 battle
    #4 Starter Evolutions
    #5 Full voice acting
    #6 Elite Four
    #7 Female Rival to the player
    #8 More realistic battles
    #9 Cutscenes
    #10 More NPC like Bodyguard, etc.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2019
    In no particular order…

- I think we will see another rival, she will be a girl, and she will be the tough, "mean" type, but also likely become our friend in the end. So Hop = Hau and this girl = Gladion, the true rival of the Alola games.

- I think we probably will see at least one more gym leader, probably fire.

- Gigantamaxing will be revealed and hopefully impressive enough to ease some of the Dexit pain. Maybe some of the Dyna/Gigantamaxing lore will even be shared. I think they may even go ahead and reveal Giga Charizard to sell this. I still don't think it will be enough to soothe the Dexit outrage.

- I think we are likely to finally see the starter evolutions, in part because they need to give us time to ensure we really bond with these starters. They have a lot of work to do to welcome and Charm us into these games now. They need time to marinate in our imaginations.

- I think the evil team will also be revealed, and they need to be as interesting as Team Rocket. I hope they can pull it off. It would be cool if the other rival is actually a member of the evil team.

- I really do think that complex at the top of the Galar map looks like it could potentially hold a Battle Frontier. Game Freak could sure use a win like that, so if they've got it, they'll probably share it.

- I don't believe full voice acting is coming. It's hard to imagine that was a priority when Pokémon are being excluded from these games.

- I think we'll probably get to know at least a few more Galar Pokémon and maybe they'll go ahead and show which Pokémon, both new and returning, will be version exclusives. This would indirectly tell us which returning Pokémon are in and which have been cut. They need to announce this as soon as possible. If they wait until near the release, the backlash will be fresh and at its most intense.

- the only way I imagine them highlighting the Elite Four is if they're all part of Leon's entourage and really part of the story, which could be cool.

- I think we'll get a basic overview of the plot, so yeah, probably some heavily edited cutscenes.

Back