• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Shiny Question

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    There is no least amount of shiny pokemon, an encounter with a shiny pokemon is completely random, in every area. There is a 0.01% chance that the pokemon you encounter will be shiny, or the odds of 1 / 8192.

azerty

i want my pearl.. 27 july....
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2007
    While we're on the subject of shiny and pokeradar, how do you know if a shiny is in the area?

you can't theres just a 1/8192 chance for your pokemon that you encounter to be shiny

(sorry if you didn't understand what i said xD, im from Belgium)

Years
  • The only way to make a shiny more likely is to chain 40 of a species with the poke radar. And to identify a shiny with the radar look for a sparkling blue patch, though unless you get 40 of the same pokemon in a row with the radar you have an extremely small chance of finding one.

azerty

i want my pearl.. 27 july....
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2007
    The only way to make a shiny more likely is to chain 40 of a species with the poke radar. And to identify a shiny with the radar look for a sparkling blue patch, though unless you get 40 of the same pokemon in a row with the radar you have an extremely small chance of finding one.

oops sorry tought it was the same like ruby/sapphire
    i haven't got my pearl yet :( so i couldn't know
    anyone who lives in the US is SO lucky (sorry for goin offtopic)

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    JUST ONE IN 8192? WOW wild shinies aren't too valuable, dangggg impossible to run into just even ONE..

Ftkatyowser

~I Love (Provolone) CHEESE~
    Years
  • The only way to make a shiny more likely is to chain 40 of a species with the poke radar. And to identify a shiny with the radar look for a sparkling blue patch, though unless you get 40 of the same pokemon in a row with the radar you have an extremely small chance of finding one.

Thank you. I have yet to chain more than six, so I've got my work cut out for me. At least I know how now, though! :)

Back