• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Call of the Siren

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years
Introduction

Hi there. I am Co500, I doubt most of you will know who I am because I have not really been active on this site for a very long time. Anyway, I use to hack a few years ago now, I created the Anime Hack know as Johto Adventures but that was the only project where I did a considerable amount of work. Some of you make think the title is a strange one, allow me to explain. You see, because it has been a while since I have been active a lot of the people I knew are now gone or busy with other things so the hope is that my idea is good enough to attract the attention of people who are willing to help, much like how a siren grabs the attention of its prey.

And one final thing to put in my introduction, this is not a Team where the leader has no knowledge in the hacking scene. I could attempt to do this hack by myself but why would I do that when I know it would be much more fun to do it with a group of people and maximize the quality of the Hack.

The Hack

This hack is supposed to be different, the aim is to make it more linear than normal Pokemon games. Why? Because to get emotionally attached to the characters I believe that you have to be immersed in them which cannot happen if the player is allowed to roam around, that emotional attachment is lost. This hack will feature a Chapter style story, some chapters will be long for the detail that needs to build up suspense and lay down groundwork for the characters, while other chapters will be short and serve as a break away from the main story when needed. Do not misunderstand, the story I have chosen is to keep the players surprised when things happen as I will go for a more realistic approach to the story. Bear in mind though, realistic does not mean swearing or anything else that is unnecessary, all I am trying to create is a good narrative.

The Story

You live in the world, the real world. Having Pokemon in your life does not fix all of the problems that the Earth has to face because of mankind, using fossil fuels, pollution, deforestation, floods and other natural disasters. Journeys seem to be seen as ones road to success, but the experience of a journey comes from everything else.

Chapter I - Awake
Spoiler:

Chapter II - The Girl Who Knew
Spoiler:

Chapter III - The Siren
Spoiler:

Chapter IV - The Break In
Spoiler:

Chapter V - Rise of an Empire
Spoiler:

More Chapters to be added.

Application
If you've read through this and not thought it's just one big mess of a project then feel free to join if you feel like it:

Skill(s):
Contact Information:
Proof of work:
Past experiences:
Availability:

Team

Co500 - Aka Co (See-oh)
My strongest points are Mapping and Scripting *gasp* A team leader that knows how to script!?
I can do other stuff like editing the Pokemon data or items because at the end of the day I can't rely on other people to do everything for me.
I have to admit though, my weaknesses are defiantly ASM and Tile insertion.

Extra
I like to ramble on. So I shall.

If you are interested in joing my team then that would be great, just know some things. It isnt all about working on the hack, having fun and talking about stuff other than our work can really help. Oh, and if you have any creative differences, mention them! You might have a better idea than me, it could be anything from a script to what the main player looks like. I do not want to just be the "leader" who asks for things to be done in mere hours without actually discussing what we need to do. I feel that taking it slowly can really improve the quality of the hack.

Anyway, enough of me going on and probably scaring everyone off. Im so Alone.

Thanks for your time!​

BlindKnyttStories

Advance Hacker
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2013
Skill(s):Scripting,Mapping,Trainer editing,Bug fixing
Contact Information:Skype:gerald.bolick email:[email protected]
Proof of work:All the work i have done are hacks i never released cause i thought they were last luckster although if you need hard proof then i will gladly do a YT video showcasing it
Past experiences:Roms i made by myself, was involved in a team before the leader cut the project.
Availability:Monday-Friday(9:00AM through 5:30 Pm) Sundays(1:30 Pm to 7:30PM)

dudebot

Glowing Yellow
Years
"Because to get emotionally attached to the characters I believe that you have to be immersed in them which cannot happen if the player is allowed to roam around, that emotional attachment is lost."

Not going to be able to join, but I just wanted to say that I disagree with this point. Linear gameplay makes the story easier to lay out, true enough. However, if the story holds enough significant plot, the gameplay is usually a non-factor. I think that the best part of Pokemon games is the challenge in creating that great story with the gameplay style, myself. One where you can have that Pokemon world where cities are close to each other and still have that serious storyline that tugs your heartstrings.

Other than that, I do like the story . . . er, the parts of it that are available, at least, lol.

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years
Skill(s):Scripting,Mapping,Trainer editing,Bug fixing
Contact Information:Skype:gerald.bolick email:[email protected]
Proof of work:All the work i have done are hacks i never released cause i thought they were last luckster although if you need hard proof then i will gladly do a YT video showcasing it
Past experiences:Roms i made by myself, was involved in a team before the leader cut the project.
Availability:Monday-Friday(9:00AM through 5:30 Pm) Sundays(1:30 Pm to 7:30PM)

I'll want to see some proof of you're scripting and mapping skills. You can just PM me and example if you want to. Also could you put your time zone with the availability section, its no good telling me the times you can work when you could be anywhere in the world.

"Because to get emotionally attached to the characters I believe that you have to be immersed in them which cannot happen if the player is allowed to roam around, that emotional attachment is lost."

Not going to be able to join, but I just wanted to say that I disagree with this point. Linear gameplay makes the story easier to lay out, true enough. However, if the story holds enough significant plot, the gameplay is usually a non-factor. I think that the best part of Pokemon games is the challenge in creating that great story with the gameplay style, myself. One where you can have that Pokemon world where cities are close to each other and still have that serious storyline that tugs your heartstrings.

Other than that, I do like the story . . . er, the parts of it that are available, at least, lol.

I understand what you mean and you make a very good point, I just feel like they can roam around the area they are currently in which can help set the theme but if they go anywhere it is possible to forget where in the story you are up to which would dismiss the whole build up. More of the story will be added soon too My computer doesn't like me

BlindKnyttStories

Advance Hacker
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2013
I'll want to see some proof of you're scripting and mapping skills. You can just PM me and example if you want to. Also could you put your time zone with the availability section, its no good telling me the times you can work when you could be anywhere in the world.

Yeah ill PM you also my time zone is Eastern Standard Time

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2020
Skill(s): Spriting
Contact Information: PM, email available upon request
Proof of work: Expect a PM.
Past experiences: Mostly just hacks I've tinkered around with by myself.
Availability: UTC -5 (Central Standard Time US/Canada); Weekdays (5:00 PM - 9:00 PM), Weekends (10:00 PM - 9:00 PM)

Ace_Master_of_Turtles

Just that spriting guy
Years
Skills: spriter and minor mapper, maybe other but it depends
Contact Information: PM and email (i'm on pretty often
Proof of work: just random sprites if u want i can pm
Past experiences: attempting to hack (untill i learned that i suck at scripting)
Availability:A lot until school starts up for me , then less

Last edited:

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years
Skill(s): Spriting
Contact Information: PM, email available upon request
Proof of work: Expect a PM.
Past experiences: Mostly just hacks I've tinkered around with by myself.
Availability: UTC -5 (Central Standard Time US/Canada); Weekdays (5:00 PM - 9:00 PM), Weekends (10:00 PM - 9:00 PM)

Sorry to say, after looking over your work I'm going to have to reject your request to join.

Skills: spriter and minor mapper, maybe other but it depends
Contact Information: PM and email (i'm on pretty often
Proof of work: just random sprites if u want i can pm
Past experiences: attempting to hack (untill i learned that i suck at scripting)
Availability:A lot until school starts up for me , then less

Sure, I'll look at them as soon as you send them to me.

Also I'd just like to add, I will not be adding everyone that asks to join, I will add you if you are needed because if you are of no use to the hack then there is no point of you being on the team.

EDIT:
Currently I am most interested in a Spriter and Music Inserter but that doesn't mean I won't need you if you have a different skill.

TheDeadDude

If I knew I might tell you.
Years
Hi I like doing sprites. But I've never done anything like making a game. I don't know when I will be available, but I will work when I can. US eastern or NY whatever you want to call it.

Back