• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trip/Shooti

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • 200px-Trip_Camera.png

Trip/Shooti. He was Ash's first rival upon entering Unova. His goal is or was to beat Alder. In the Pokemon league he got into the top 128 which is pathetic for a rival that always beats Ash. And we know he takes pictures of his journey with a camera. His catchphrase is: "Basic." Notice how he looks like Paul a bit?

His Pokemon:

Serperior, Tranqull, Frillish, Lampent, Vanillite, Conkeldurr.

Discuss Trip and your thoughts of him here.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Ugh, Trip.

I don't know what I expected out of him at the beginning of Black and White. I guess I was hoping the writers were going to build up a rivalry between Ash and him like with they did with Paul, but after awhile it was clear that wasn't happening.

To be honest, I think the writers realized what a waste Trip became after a certain point and changed the focus of his character. Thus directing him towards beating Alder as an ultimate goal.

Spoiler:

By the way, you should probably put Trips' place in the Unova League under a spoiler since not everyone knows what happens yet or wants to know until the dub version airs.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • To be honest... Trip for me was one of those characters who has good potential, but, I dunno, to me, his personality was quite lackluster, and he was just quite stale with his little "catchphrases" like, "oh, do you're from the boonies!" For me, he turned out to be like a copy of Paul in a way.

I wish he had more pokemon and didn't rely on his Superior much, though. I mean, it was strong, but, he didn't have to rely on it most of the time. His Vanillite had much potential to be a strong pokemon too, but... yeah, it didn't have much of the spotlight as it needed.

Spoiler:

Back