• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Do I need to separate the Gen III sprite sheets for Fire Red? If so how?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Starting on a ROM hack using Fire Red, DPE and CFRU as a base and I want to put essentially every Pokemon in the game. Of course to combat bloat I will expand the map a bit but how do I insert the 256x64 sprites? I am aware that the icons need to be 32x64 and the front and back sprites must be 64x64. The sprites come in 256x64 sheets so do I need to split them up? If so with what program without losing quality of the .png? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    I'm confused, DPE has all the sprites already separated. :/

What sprite sheets are you meaning!

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    Ah I see.
    Then yeah, you'll need the front sprite with the regular palette and the back sprite with the shiny palette for the DPE.

GIMP will probably be the best program to index the colours, since you can easily rearrange the order

Back