• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1/16 - COTD - Switch (Various Sets)

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
Years
  • 83.jpg

I'm too tired from school to post a whole bunch of Pokemon cards, so it's a card that's been around for ages.

Rate & Review

Thanks to Water Pokemon Master from www.pokebeach.com for the scan.

~Solarys~

OMG, loli~~~!!!111oneone
    Years
  • Pointless card, really...

Use those with free retreat or use some passive powers that provide free retreat instead... you can't have an infinite number of cards in your deck so don't waste your deck space on too many of these... 2 is more than enough I say - use it when your active is paralyzed/sleeping etc...

3/10

Lordpenguin

Pokémon: Lodestone
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    There were some decks that used it, but it is probably always going to be the case that there is a better trainer somewhere.

~Solarys~

OMG, loli~~~!!!111oneone
    Years
  • Not really... considering 1 guy can only hold 1 item at a time... and that still doesn't help when you're sleeping or paralyzed, or trapped for some other reason.

Use Salamence ex (Dragon Lift) and Latios ex (Link Wing) etc instead.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Although this card rarely is needed since Pokemon can retreat, I always make room in my deck for at least 1 of these cards.

Retreating is a major thing in the game, for both modified and unlimited. A lot of the time though, retreat costs are too high to be payed off (especially in the case of special energy, with GoW in unlimited or a heavy attacker for modified).

There are a lot of other good choices like this, such as Warp energy, fluffy berry and most importantly Warp Point. However, Switch is a card that can fit neatly into almost any deck, whereas some others can't.

What puts Switch above Fluffy Berry is that its not a tool (there goes a Gold Berry) and it does not count as a retreat and removes status conditions. Since there is once per turn retreat limit, a Computer Search can be used to get a Switch to replace an active or heal a status condition.
    Warp Energy is an energy card, and attaching it to a Pokemon that's going straight to a bench isn't usually that useful.
    Warp Point is a better card IMO. But sometimes Switch has the advantage.

I always play this card. It's simple, common and can make a game breaking difference.

Modified: 7/10 (overall heavier attackers in modified)
    Unlimited: 5/10

Back