• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to implement the DexNav but with all Pokemon visible?

Years
The DexNav lets you see the Pokemon in a route, after you've encountered those pokemon. You can also search for specific Pokemon in the DexNav.

How do I make the DexNav display all Pokemon in the route you're in, and all relevant info on them, no matter what you have or have not already battled/caught?

Ideally, a player would be able to enter a cave, activate the DexNav, and immediately see what Pokemon are on this cave floor. Then the player could select a Pokemon to battle and catch. Or head onto a new route with grass and water, and use the DexNav to see what Pokemon are in the grass/water. That kind of thing. Some might say this "makes finding rare Pokemon easier" but this would just cut out the initial period of grinding in a location until you find that rare Pokemon.

My goal is to make my fangame challenging in the "Competitive battles and excellent exploration" sense, not the "Takes hours of grinding" sense. So I'm trying to implement many Quality-Of-Life features meant to reduce grinding.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
The DexNav lets you see the Pokemon in a route, after you've encountered those pokemon. You can also search for specific Pokemon in the DexNav.

How do I make the DexNav display all Pokemon in the route you're in, and all relevant info on them, no matter what you have or have not already battled/caught?

Ideally, a player would be able to enter a cave, activate the DexNav, and immediately see what Pokemon are on this cave floor. Then the player could select a Pokemon to battle and catch. Or head onto a new route with grass and water, and use the DexNav to see what Pokemon are in the grass/water. That kind of thing. Some might say this "makes finding rare Pokemon easier" but this would just cut out the initial period of grinding in a location until you find that rare Pokemon.

My goal is to make my fangame challenging in the "Competitive battles and excellent exploration" sense, not the "Takes hours of grinding" sense. So I'm trying to implement many Quality-Of-Life features meant to reduce grinding.

I mean its not that hard i feel to find the pokemon but, for dexnav it should have a check if the pokemons been seen or caught, and just removing that does what you want.

Back